• extreme booty fab :D

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • super extreme booty fab, :D :D

Votes: 8 29.6%

• Total voters

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
Well I can say it's good/cool that you know how to weld and did that. By all means it is a quick fix thing. I have welded before but wouldn't feel comfortable selling my welding skills :)

I know there's tricks to welding alum. vs. steel. Like alum. you make softer (IE. why they heat treat frames, to bring back the alum to it's natural hardness after welding). I bet those areas are weakened, and therefore dangerous to ride on. Even if I had health insurance, life insurance, I still wouldn't do it. You're asking for something bad to happen while out riding.

NOW if that was a steel frame of some sort, and you welded some rods, plates, and gave it a shock no biggy! Steel doesn't require heat treating etc... Just build them and go. Beauty of steel.

It might hold up for commuting back and forth to work, but anything with dirt on it I'd stay away from.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Originally posted by paranoid56
ahh, it will be easy riding up in the scycoya nat forest. nothing major, just riding with friends one flat ground.

So, it looks like everybody will say it will fail. :D
all this positive attuide is great :D

I konw it looks stetchy, but thats who i am. I also build things like this (but spent a whole lot more time on) :D
Shane
Shane, whats your screen name on pirate? I knew you were a wheeler as soon a I saw "booty fab" in the headline. Nice truck! (hideous bike!) check out some of our vehicles here:

http://www.traislesstraveled.com

we write for off-road.com and other media outlets and build/manage project vehicles.

paranoid56

Monkey
May 23, 2004
San Diego, CA
Yea, the only thing that I welded on this bike was the bracketry, i would not weld directly to the frame, as I don’t have a tig welder handy :D. And I didn’t want to completely destroy the frame. Thanks for the inside thou.
oh, I see you are from SB, I am also from there, but moved down here last year. i grew up there my whole live.
ohoh, I also see that you ride a Cortina, I just talked to Adrian on Monday (I went to high school with him). They do make some cool ****. :D
Shane

paranoid56

Monkey
May 23, 2004
San Diego, CA
my screen name is the same on that board, and on ORC, and on 4x4 wire, and on every subaru board too :D
yea, i guess botty fab is more of a truck term :D
as for the bike, i am curently looking at buying a new one :D
oh, and i also write for ORC i did a bunch of article on camotoy (my truck) and i was talking to them about being the editor of the land curiser part. as i just got a 71 fj40. i just sold my truck ,as i was tired of dealing with the smog people.
oh, i just checked out your site too, (you typed it wrong :D ) nice looking trucks, i hope my LC will look like that jeep soon, i already have a 4link going in the back :D
Originally posted by punkassean
Shane, whats your screen name on pirate? I knew you were a wheeler as soon a I saw "booty fab" in the headline. Nice truck! (hideous bike!) check out some of our vehicles here:

http://www.traislesstraveled.com

we write for off-road.com and other media outlets and build/manage project vehicles.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
I talked to Adrian for like an hour yesterday about desert trucks/bikes, and I too used to live in SB...wierd???

roee

Chimp
Mar 13, 2004
Look, dude, it's probably our first and last conversation as this thing is going to fail miserably, taking your life along.

I just wanted to tell you how I like your thinking :D Awesome ghetto rigging, but I wouldn't count on it... :)

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
That's what I was calling about, I found a free newer style hilux cab for him but he wants to go to XTRA cab. I think it will take about 1-2 more lifetimes before that truck gets done. Adrian is a very busy guy.