Quantcast

***Wednesday GMT***

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

In a bit late this morning. Crash on the highway. Didn't get any crappy cellphone pics, but trust me, it happened.

Another busy morning. Yesterday was pure hell. I need more whiskey in this coffee.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hey monkeys! So this morning the garage door decided to crap out. It wouldn't open all the way and the track wheels were all bent and cockeyed. Turns out the cable that pulls the door up and down got all tangled up and snapped off its spool. It's gotten tangled up before and I was able to fix it, but I think fixing a broken cable and some bent wheels will require some professional assistance. Stupid door.

Other than that, it is all good in the hood.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Morning! Nothing new to report. Day 2 with no television and I am realizing how hooked I am if for nothing else, the noise.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
cold...again.

what happened to the balmy 50 degree winter days?

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Morning all.

Looking forward to my usual Wednesday night gathering of friends, good home cooked food, and beer.

Cant wait to be off work (today is also my early day each week, off at 3:30 instead of 4).

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
mornin'.
been looking at so many houses online our short list of houses to go look at is no longer short. Can't decide what we should do....buy a duplex & rent one side, buy a single family house at the top of our budget that doesnt need much work or buy a cheap foreclosure that needs some TLC. I guess we will know when we find THE house.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
mornin'.
been looking at so many houses online our short list of houses to go look at is no longer short. Can't decide what we should do....buy a duplex & rent one side, buy a single family house at the top of our budget that doesnt need much work or buy a cheap foreclosure that needs some TLC. I guess we will know when we find THE house.
Obviously regarding the foreclosure, it depends if you have the time and patience for repairs. My time is valuable and worth a lot so I'd rather not spend it on fixing up stuff. Good luck!:thumb:

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
mornin'.
Been there, done that. You'll know when the right house presents itself. It will speak to you. :thumb:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Went skiing yesterday. Decide it would be fun to going skiing in some trees. Then decided it would be really fun to go skiing fast in some trees. Hit a tree with my face, woke up in the hospital. Was released with a bad concussion and some facial contusions. Resting up but starting to feel better, at lease my memory has come back. I got upset when I saw the date on my wristband but didn't remember Christmas or New Years happening.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Afternoon all.

Big powder day today. Some hiking, some couloirs, some drops. Lots of powder.

My legs are jelly. I'm shattered.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Went skiing yesterday. Decide it would be fun to going skiing in some trees. Then decided it would be really fun to go skiing fast in some trees. Hit a tree with my face, woke up in the hospital. Was released with a bad concussion and some facial contusions. Resting up but starting to feel better, at lease my memory has come back. I got upset when I saw the date on my wristband but didn't remember Christmas or New Years happening.
:shocked: Yikes Mike! Take it easy and get well soon! I tell everyone that skiing is dangerous ;)

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Yikes!! Glad to hear you're recovering. You hear some not-so-good stories about skiers hitting trees.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Ripped apart my rear hub and my rear shifter yesterday. Now I have to put them back together. Shimano shifters are such a pain to rebuild. I wish they were like a King hub and you could buy a tool to assist. Two hands are not enough to do the job!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
mornin'.
I'm with Heidi & Greyhound. You'll know when you find the right house. We thought about going the fixer-upper route and decided we didn't have enough time to play and fix up our house.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Ouch! Going Sonny Bono are you?

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Ouch. Heal up. Were you wearing a helmet?

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
fkna westy. glad you are ok.

thanks for the house reassurances. We have been shopping for almost a year now so it is a matter of time beofre we find the place & figure out what we are gonna do.

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
My dog has her period, pain in the ass.

Work sucks

Wife just called and said there is a albino deer in the yard that I have been wanting to see. Damn it!!

Beers and Buffalo sabres on TV is my plan for tonight

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
That's a hell of a story, Westy. Like everyone else, I'm glad to hear you're not any worse for wear. Take it easy on those trees, bro! :thumb:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Ouch. Heal up. Were you wearing a helmet?
No, going to get one. Will also stop skiing through trees. At least this time a helmet wouldn't have helped unless it was a full face, will not leave that up to chance next time.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
No, going to get one. Will also stop skiing through trees. At least this time a helmet wouldn't have helped unless it was a full face, will not leave that up to chance next time.
Yeah, I've been wearing one for a while now. Saved my ass once, smacked the back of my head pretty hard on a tree. They're comfy too, warm. :thumb:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Damn, man... get better. What I've learned to do (once I got a helmet) was to *lead* with the helmet if it looks like a tree collision is gonna happen. Skiing trees is a great joy, but one of the more dangerous aspects of the sport...

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
:rockout:

What events will you be seeing?
Curling, mens hockey, and one of the snowboarding events.

edit: I need to get shopping. I don't even own a real jacket! All I have is sweaters.

yoinks!

Last edited: