Quantcast

~~~Wednesday GMT~~~

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Holy Insomnia, Batman! Tossed and turned all I could. No snow here in SoMD but some ice, which is way worse.

Major job decision today to go government or stay contractor. Government is more $ and security but my contractor job is with a great small company that is like family.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning! Holy frakkin snow. For once, the meteorologists got it right. I woke up early today in an attempt to get to work before a lot of snow fell, but there was already a foot when I got up. Another six inches expected. Looks like a work from home day...for now, anyway.

Need coffee.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Woke up at 4:30 :-)eek:) to snowblow the driveway and leave before the snow/traffic really hit.....boy was I wrong. Woke up to about 10" or so, got done with the driveway, left the house at 5:15 and didn't get to work until 7:15....which I suppose a 2hr drive that normally takes 1hr isn't too bad given the conditions.

Jeeps + snow = fun.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Work is closed today (we do a lot of transporting) as is my son's nursery school, so here I sit. Probably will work remotely, though.

My new BMX cruiser arrives today, though. Better start shoveling for "the Box Man" as my son calls him!

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

You New Englander's are hardcore about your snow. If I had heard a snowblower going at 5am around here, there would be some serious issues between me and my now-dead-to-me neighbor. :D

Another paralyzing day for movement about the Southeast. The massive 1/2 inch of snow we got has everything shut down for 3 days. Child is at home from daycare again today and I feel like this may be the actual day that daddy goes go crazy. If I have to see one more freakin episode of the Fresh Beat Band.....:panic:

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
You New Englander's are hardcore about your snow. If I had heard a snowblower going at 5am around here, there would be some serious issues between me and my now-dead-to-me neighbor. :D
You'd be "that guy" in my neighborhood.....snowblowers, motorcycles, ATV's, snowmobiles.....always lots of loud, motorized goodness zipping around my neighborhood.:thumb:

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Holy Insomnia, Batman! Tossed and turned all I could. No snow here in SoMD but some ice, which is way worse.

Major job decision today to go government or stay contractor. Government is more $ and security but my contractor job is with a great small company that is like family.
Tough choice, good luck!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Good Morning!!

imo, snowblowers are acceptable at any time of the day.

Snow is still coming down pretty good here. According to the news, the highways are "at a standstill." Work from home continues...

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Mornin'.
sounds like you guys in the NE are getting a helluva winter.

got an unofficial job offer yesterday for a very interesting position...i cant wait to see what the actual offer looks like.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning! Sipping coffee in my fleece PJs having a snow day with Sydney :) Looks like we've got about 6" out there so far and it's really coming down right now so hopefully we'll add a bit more. Just put a pot roast in the crock pot and plan on playing polly pocket next.

Greyhound - I am SO glad Sydney isn't into the Fresh Beat Band...we've watched it a couple of times, but it didn't stick. iCarly is another story! :rolleyes:

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
Snow day for me too! The big question is will it be stretch out to 2 days?

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Not much new here. I went skiing last night in fresh powder. Woot woot. It's raining in town today so I had to dig out the rain pants for my ride in.

I have a new boss as of the 26th. Luckily it's just an internal promotion so I know the person and everything is cool.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Had about 5" of snow overnight in Upstate NY, no big deal. Took a little longer to get to work this morning but thats about it. Cant wait to go skiing this weekend in all this fresh snow though!

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Rochester = Upstate :confused:

Albany area got 12"+ Mr.... just sayin'
Well to the downstaters in the "big city", Rochester is considered Upstate NY but I know you guys over in Saratoga Springs are more upstate than we are :thumb:

P.S. We definitely got way more snow throughout the day. I think I shoveled about 9" or so out of my driveway which definitely sucked!