Quantcast

***Wednesday GMT***

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Company has burdened me with a wireless speaker as a holiday gift. I'd rather nothing.

What do I do with this thing? Crank it full volume while riding or something?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Last night we got to hear the winner and runner ups for the 2 essay competitions we have each year for "Voice of Democracy" and the "Patriots Pen". The winner of VoD and runner up for PP were brother and sister home schooled by mom. I have a feeling it was a parent that wrote both, but I'm not a judge, just the guy who signs the checks. $250 first place, $100 for 2nd. We only had a few entrants, so you take what you can get.

We have had a few win the state level but have not had a national winner yet.

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
:wave:

Company has burdened me with a wireless speaker as a holiday gift. I'd rather nothing.

What do I do with this thing? Crank it full volume while riding or something?
Play your favourite Nickelback tunes for the office next time you're onsite?

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I've felt like hell for two days now and saw my doc this morning. He says it's covid, lmao. Drugs incoming! Plus quarantine. Honestly I am glad it's something. Doc says I ran my marathon with it Sunday and told me to cut myself some slack for the bad race.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
2nd interview today. So difficult to know if I did well but cool office on the water in center of Copenhagen and people I met were nice. Fingers crossed.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Hans Gruber is getting closer to falling from Nakatomi Plaza,

RMSS items get shipped today.

Booking airfare to the Emerald Coast. calling some realtors and looking forward to some sun and checking out the vibe of the panhandle and maybe getting some fishing in.

In other news,

its trash day

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
I went from no concerts since covid started to three in the last three weeks. Last night was an all star event for a homeless charity here in LA. Billy from Biohazard was involved along with a few other notable names in the metal world. The highlight for me was seeing Charlie from Goldfinger on stage with Roy from Ministry. They had an amazing punk/metal cover band ages ago, and it was a great time machine to hear them do Sonic Reducer again. They also crushed a version of AC/DC’s Walk All Over You with a member of the Dropkick Murphys.
IMG_9005.jpeg

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
blargh, shopping for cranksets now
I bought new sets of Force 22 and Force AXS, 170's with chainrings for cheaper than buying just the chainrings, for my wife's two road bikes this week. Opportunity to swap her from 172.5 to 170's and put fresh rings on them both at negligible cost once I sell the old. The Force 22 bike is close to 10 years old so no harm in a refresh, particularly for the small ring.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I bought new sets of Force 22 and Force AXS, 170's with chainrings for cheaper than buying just the chainrings, for my wife's two road bikes this week. Opportunity to swap her from 172.5 to 170's and put fresh rings on them both at negligible cost once I sell the old. The Force 22 bike is close to 10 years old so no harm in a refresh, particularly for the small ring.
I have to keep my eyes peeled for a deal, but I'm sure I'll find something. There are plenty of easton ea90 cranksets out there, but I'd love to move away from cinch. that just adds to the cost unfortunately.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Kill list engaged :banghead:

Was troubleshooting something remotely, via coworker in the building, who was dealing with maintenance/production. We weren't getting anywhere and I couldn't understand what the friggin hold up was, so I said screw it and drove to work. I go look at this control panel filled with Siemens stuff and find a bunch of unplugged cables, cables that go out of the panel into thin air and some switch thing connecting it to another identical machine (??).

Took forever to figure out where one single cable went to fix the problem. I should have walked up, saw that its a controls persons problem and walked away. Dammit.

Coffee'ing it now.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
MIL left the fridge open last night. Was 50*+ when I came down this morning and the compressor wasn't working. The last time we had it replaced, the service guy said that it was time to replace the fridge with the number of "ready to die" pieces. Giddy.

Just got an email from the team that it will be warm enough for a training day this weekend, so to the track we go. Assuming that Haley's kart is assembled...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
MIL left the fridge open last night. Was 50*+ when I came down this morning and the compressor wasn't working. The last time we had it replaced, the service guy said that it was time to replace the fridge with the number of "ready to die" pieces. Giddy.

Just got an email from the team that it will be warm enough for a training day this weekend, so to the track we go. Assuming that Haley's kart is assembled...
I learned the hard way a year or two ago, that one should not touch a compressor that isn't working correctly.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I learned the hard way a year or two ago, that one should not touch a compressor that isn't working correctly.
Our rental last summer had a fridge like that. It would cool the compartments fine, but the divider and door were lava. Like, so hot you couldn't touch them. AirBnB owner said it was fine, that's just how it runs. OKAY THEN.