Quantcast

***Wednesday GMT***

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
And insurers don’t want to insure.
I am pretty sure my insurance company has a racket with the UW health system. UW bills at insanely inflated prices, insurance company covers 70% of it. I pay the rest and the insurance company gets kick backs.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Ok that’s fair

but still. Shrugging your shoulders and sticking out your tongue is a super crude test

About 15 years ago I had a similar strange issue. Doctor sent me through $15,000 worth of tests including a brain MRI, none of the tests found anything, to which he responded with "it is probably just Meiners disease, try a low sodium diet" which netted positive results in a week. Would have saved me a lot of time and money if he had asked about sodium intake and made the recommendations before I helped fund several of his mountain house payments. #1 rule in troubleshooting is rule out the cheapest and most likely causes first.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
About 15 years ago I had a similar strange issue. Doctor sent me through $15,000 worth of tests including a brain MRI, none of the tests found anything, to which he responded with "it is probably just Meiners disease, try a low sodium diet" which netted positive results in a week. Would have saved me a lot of time and money if he had asked about sodium intake and made the recommendations before I helped fund several of his mountain house payments. #1 rule in troubleshooting is rule out the cheapest and most likely causes first.
One reason why I have developed a habit of asking if dietary issues could be a contributing factor when something is up.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
howdy all

drove Colfax from 225 to Colorado as part of kid shuttling today. and boy does that stretch need bus rapid transit and associated redevelopment yesterday
let colfax be colfax....

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
let colfax be colfax....
It doesn’t have to get fancy. But when Denver metro is 60,000 housing units short it’s a crime to have ugly blighted boarded up retail and empty giant parking lots. Build tons of apartments with ground floor retail already!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
It doesn’t have to get fancy. But when Denver metro is 60,000 housing units short it’s a crime to have ugly blighted boarded up retail and empty giant parking lots. Build tons of apartments with ground floor retail already!

They are doing that here. Lots and lots of empty ground floor commercial space.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
They are doing that here. Lots and lots of empty ground floor commercial space.
Once people realize they can actually walk somewhere to get a croissant or half gallon of milk this concept might take off
is that affordable housing short....
Building any kind of new unit eases pressure because people moving up, if you will, move out of somewhere else. Supply vs demand

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Last time I was on East Colfax I didn’t look around and think “what these people need is a croissant”.
they need housing

and a substantial plurality basically needs a mother. a proxy for that that society can actually do would be supportive housing with a nurse within the building. keep them out of the ER--overall system costs lower.