Quantcast

...Wednesday...

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Skied. Was ok. Some good powder off of Sierra. Three Bears was awful. Rocks.
Heard that Copper no longer requires parking reservations... and I just bought my Ikon pass for next year which includes spring skiing. So maybe we’ll get to take some laps this year!

That said, I’m not a great skier. You’ve been notified.

Sap runs are done.
I’m happy and sad for you?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Heard that Copper no longer requires parking reservations... and I just bought my Ikon pass for next year which includes spring skiing. So maybe we’ll get to take some laps this year!

That said, I’m not a great skier. You’ve been notified
I’ll post up dates in the 2021 thread for when I might go up if there is snow and not refrozen slush!

they definitely didn’t check my parking reservation or anyone else’s today at the Alpine lot fwiw.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I'm going to go out on a limb and say you'll be doing this every year
as long as i have access to mature maple trees. i only have 5 on my property that are old/large enough to tap. my family in Maine, however, still has the wood lot from when they still owned the family farm. they had the foresight to put the wood lot on its own deed before they sold the farm back in the '50s.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
That is badass. I'm curious to hear how the maple syrup (or whatever else you plan on making) turns out. Making some maple bitters or something would be sweet.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
this batch was darker than the prior batch because the sap was from the end of the run. i'll post some side by side pics later for comparison.