Quantcast

-- Wednesday's Ride Thread --

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Did my first TNUA of the year. 70 f'n riders through the streets and parks of Rochester. Managed to surf just above the danger zone for most of the ride (danger zone = the area 5 riders behind the leader where all the racer boys battle it out). All in all it was fun. I don't understand why some folks can't grasp a countoff?? The cold weather will weed them out. It was good to see T-Blazer on the cross bike. He kicked ass too. This guy behind me kept buzzing my tires and everytime I turned around he blinded me with his HID light. I have no idea who it was, he looked like Grissly Adams :D We played follow the leader through Cobbs Hill park and we were so close and tight together I thought we would have some carnage, but none was to be found. Oh yeah except for this guy on a singlespeed trying to pass everyone on the right through a puddle. I was kind of happy he went down because he was being a fool. I wish I coulld have seen it though. What is up with all those Trail Blazers jerseys? I gotta get me one. Finished the ride in Washington Grove. Fast and furious to my budds house for a beer. Good times.......jdcamb

J

JRB

Wumpus said:
I did some sprint intervals on the way to the gym.

I didn't bother to call about the Tuesday ride. I figured it rained here all weekend too. Now it's about to flood. You may already have it. My ride reports will be weather reports for a few days.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Did the TNUA, it was about 2.5 hours, don't know the mileage. The puddle incident did not include a crash, and Steve is a great guy, awesome rider, and is just having fun :)

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
It's mostly roadies on their mountain bikes, but there are a decent number of mountain bikers too. A few cross bikes, cruisers, and freeride bikes thrown in there for good measure.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Echo said:
Did the TNUA, it was about 2.5 hours, don't know the mileage. The puddle incident did not include a crash, and Steve is a great guy, awesome rider, and is just having fun :)
He is pretty cool. Just acts a little foolish sometimes in a crowd.... I was told he crashed?? Pretty amazing that he can keep up with a SS though.....jdcamb

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
Rode yesterday with a guy who has only ridden on trails once before. He kept hitting this small log jump and crashing (ate it 3 times). I kept telling him to just try and roll it but he was all gung ho about jumping it like I did. It's basically about a 1.5 foot high fallen tree with a piece of plywood on one side to act as a small ramp. Problem is it's at like a 40 deg angle on level ground. The dude's seat pulled out of its rails from crashing.

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
Rode with McGrp and Davis at Pittstown SF this morning for about 2 hours. Major braile trail action going on. The one section looked like it hasn't seen any traffic for a month. There was about 3-4" of leaves, and I'm sure they thought we were just bush-wacking through the woods. :p Good thing there were some ribbons on the trees. The Zig-Zag loop was still in pretty good shape.