Quantcast

-- Wednesday's Ride Thread --

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Spent an hour or so last night cleaning out the drivetrain from this weekend's ride. I have my wednesday night group ride tonight - assuming I can find out when/where it is.

And you?

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
jdcamb said:
<snip> Lots of folks out lastnight. Good weather, dry trails, and no bugs. 16 miles all told. Even with the mechanicals the ride was still fast. Our average speeds for the last 2 months are almost 1.5 mph faster, everyone is making all the climbs, <snip>
<snip> I am looking at getting a Yeti 575 for a replacement for the Truth. <snip>
Cool and Cool!

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Did a local ride called the "TNUA" (pronounced 'tuna'). It's this thing roadies here do in the winter to stay on their bikes. Basically they ride around downtown and find hills to repeat on. So I show up there with my road bike, which turned out to be the incorrect bike for the job.

They basically rode around doing wierd stuff that didn't suit a road bike at all. We finally got to a place to do some hill repeats, and they only did 2 repeats there. Then we rode around more. Finally we got to a parking garage and did repeats up and down that. I jumped in with the front group and managed to stay with them, after I think 8 repeats we had pretty much lapped everyone else. That was the only time I felt even the slightest bit tired.

But I don't wanna give the impression it wasn't fun, I just need to bring my MTB next time. There were 49 riders there last night, and some of them weren't in great shape. Supposedly as the weather gets colder and the crowd thins out a bit, the intensity steps up. That will be cool.

I ended up knowing a bunch of people there, this one dude who I know from mountain biking was kickin' the whole ride on a fixed gear road bike. Props.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
jacksonpt said:
how'd you make out? Did you play the red bull team?

:( they weren't there...and either was the cute girl (the one I bonked in the face w/one of my serves last week) :(

we ended wining 5 out of 7

every 3rd game your ref, so my team had a chin up contest during one of the ref games...and I tied for 1st :D (but that just means the rest are even wimpier than me)

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Echo said:
There were 49 riders there last night, and some of them weren't in great shape. Supposedly as the weather gets colder and the crowd thins out a bit, the intensity steps up. That will be cool.

I ended up knowing a bunch of people there, this one dude who I know from mountain biking was kickin' the whole ride on a fixed gear road bike. Props.

49 riders ! very cool!!!

I have a super hard time finding one person to ride w/locally

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
we hammered out our local race inspired trail. not technical at all, but a great workout with lots of sections suitable for big ring action. I once again got my ass handed to me by Laura, but I am slowly bridging the gap. ;)
maybe next time. :D

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
went on an 3rbun ride last night, had fun, mangled my derailleur hanger. good thing i already have a spare. i wrecked and bruised my hip and scraped my arm.