Quantcast

-- Wednesday's Ride Thread --

Instigator

ass balancer
Aug 22, 2001
Rochester, NY
Made up some reducers to put a 1-1/8 headset on the SGS frame so I can mount the 888 for this weekend. hopefully build it and ride it today.
Sometimes my job does have its perks:D

J

JRB

30 miles on the road last night. It was very nice. Good pace. It was, however, a little breezy. Going to night ride at 7 tonight.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Did the TNUA ride again last night. I think I heard someone say we did like 24 miles? The pace was a little quicker this time and there were more riders - 75! Some dude did a head-on with a post that the "peloton" was riding around, and bent his frame. I had a slow leak in my front tire that I had to stop and throw some air in while we were doing hot laps around a cemetery. I got a nice sprint in to catch back up to the lead pack after that. Apparently the Stan's sealant has dried up :D

It was fun, I'm gonna keep doin'em.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Echo said:
Did the TNUA ride again last night. I think I heard someone say we did like 24 miles? The pace was a little quicker this time and there were more riders - 75! Some dude did a head-on with a post that the "peloton" was riding around, and bent his frame. I had a slow leak in my front tire that I had to stop and throw some air in while we were doing hot laps around a cemetery. I got a nice sprint in to catch back up to the lead pack after that. Apparently the Stan's sealant has dried up :D

I am gonna start next week. They are fun. Except for the hill repeat part.....jdcamb

Evergrey

Chimp
Jul 2, 2004
Good ol' Rochester
Echo said:

Did you do this on your single speed? That's crazy if you did!!!

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Evergrey said:
Did you do this on your single speed? That's crazy if you did!!!
No, I pulled the SS off the wall and noted that the rear tire was flat. I threw some more Stans in it and hit it with the compressor, then realized that the sidewall of the tire was blown out. I'll have to take a pic, I can't believe this happened to a tire. I'm done with Maxxis UST, every one I have had ends up with 20 little holes in it that Stans has to plug, and this sidewall blowout was the last straw :mumble: