Quantcast

***Wednesderp GMT***

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
the question is the quantity, the question is why you're acting so nonchalant about it, as if standing water in a vehicle is normal.
Because I have had it for 6 years and while it has increased, it surely isn't new?

Again, it is away from any major electronics. It was slightly worse for a bit when I tried the non OE halo weatherstripping. If you could get OE targa sides, it might not leak at all. But the sides that are in there now are hashed and they are 2 years old.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Well, so far my options are:

A) Lower paying job (still decent though), 45 minutes to an hour commute on the average day, okay benefits, less stress, infrequent business trips

Vs.

B) 25% more pay, 25 minute commute, great benefits, higher stress environment, more frequent trips to Asia

Not sure I'm super thrilled with either, but I do have to choose soon. Decisions decisions...
Low paying job will stay low paying.
"Less stress" is going to turn into a shitshow in no time, like every other job.
Your commute time will increase by 30% in less than two years if the current trend continues (and the shit is accelerating)
Trips to Asia will be mostly cancelled in the next 12-18 months and in the mean time, businesses will learn to live with no trips to Asia.

Any additional questions? :D

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Also, Pacers ftw!
While not a Pacer, my buddy had an Amc Hornet. After hanging with COC the first time, he was gifted a duffle bag full of COC stickers that we plastered his car with. It was truly the Corrosion mobile. I will see if he has any pics, we took that heap to so many shows in the bay area.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

A) Lower paying job (still decent though), 45 minutes to an hour commute on the average day, okay benefits, less stress, infrequent business trips

Vs.

B) 25% more pay, 25 minute commute, great benefits, higher stress environment, more frequent trips to Asia

Not sure I'm super thrilled with either, but I do have to choose soon. Decisions decisions...
Man, I'd totally go B just for the food opportunities, but Asia flights would have to be business class or better. Shorter commute FTW.

Edit: and like @StiHacka says, you won't have to worry about that shit for probably a year at least.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Says the guy living in Portland?!? :rofl: :think: :p
It rains a lot in the Northwest, but that means it just drizzles for an hour or so each day. But this month it just seems to actually rain all day every day. To put it into perspective, the roads in Seattle rarely have storm drains and really don't need them. But with actual rain low lying streets have been flooding.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

Vs.

Easy. Job A and move closer. Guessing living with the in laws is not a long term solution anyway.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Easy. Job A and move closer. Guessing living with the in laws is not a long term solution anyway.
You know, I think that's the route I'm going to go. And we are living with the in-laws for free, so I'll have to suck it up and deal with the longer commute, since this is only temporary.

Especially since Glassdoor reviews of option B say 20-25% travel (avg 5-7 times a year), often times for 2+ weeks with a days notice. And to expect 12-18 hour days during product development. And weekend/early morning/late night calls with China.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
the last time i saw reed play with coc and pepper was with clutch at amos southend....he looked considerablly lighter than he had before when i saw coc play as a 3 piece for the first time in awhile years back at stella blue in asheville...he was on the huge side...

it really sucks he is dead.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. I am glad that you job hunting monkeys appear to have options.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Oh, and the controls on the Model 3 are not bad at all. @stoney can attest to this.

On steering wheel, left wheel/toggle is volume and back/forward track. Pushing it in pauses or starts music. Right wheel/toggle is for setting cruise speed, and pushing it in activates the voice control genie.

HVAC is along the bottom edge of the touchscreen so one has the haptic feedback of the screen’s edge to provide a guide. Seat heaters have their own dedicated button-regions along that bottom strip so no digging through Volvo interface elements.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
New ski day. Semi-impulse bought a pair really minty 190cm Moment Bibbys. Hopefully Ms. HAB doesn't light me on fire.

How many 11x underfoot chargers is too many? Asking for me.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Oh, and the controls on the Model 3 are not bad at all. @stoney can attest to this.

On steering wheel, left wheel/toggle is volume and back/forward track. Pushing it in pauses or starts music. Right wheel/toggle is for setting cruise speed, and pushing it in activates the voice control genie.

HVAC is along the bottom edge of the touchscreen so one has the haptic feedback of the screen’s edge to provide a guide. Seat heaters have their own dedicated button-regions along that bottom strip so no digging through Volvo interface elements.

A coworker of mine got whatever the highest spec 3 is a few years ago. He has been complaining that his range has dropped to about 60% of the original.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I've always found one pair to be sufficient... :D
You might be smarter than me.

Current quiver:

184 4Frnt Raven. Daily driver touring ski.
187 J Masterblaster. Low tide resort ski.
186 Blizzard Bodacious. Chop destroying cruise missile.
191 ON3P Wrenegade. Also chop destroying cruise missile.
192 Praxis Protest. Deep day pow ski, with Shifts.
190 Moment Bibby. TBD.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
A coworker of mine got whatever the highest spec 3 is a few years ago. He has been complaining that his range has dropped to about 60% of the original.
That's bizarre unless he's driven a million miles or the like.

Poorly edited: https://insideevs.com/news/375459/tesla-model-3-50k-miles-battery-degradation/

It turns out that Matthew[, a Model 3 owner,] lost only around 2% of the total battery capacity after completing his first 50,000 miles. In the video, he explains that the first 50,000 miles of battery degradation tends to be the biggest hit. After that, the drop in lost capacity appears to be consistently low

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
That's pretty uncanny how he's mimicked my car progression.

He is a very smart and well educated kid, but also rather lazy. I assume he comes from wealth as he bought his first house in seattle months after graduating with cash. Although capable of going very far very quickly he has chosen to do as little as possible and cares not for advancement. I assume having a job with a recognizable corporate entity is a requirement for his family to maintain his lifestyle, he clearly doesn't need the paycheck.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
That part doesn’t match up, at least. My parents saved up very little as compared to how much my dad made during his (abbreviated, second) career. Squandered a lot of it in real estate transaction costs, I gather.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
You might be smarter than me.

Current quiver:

184 4Frnt Raven. Daily driver touring ski.
187 J Masterblaster. Low tide resort ski.
186 Blizzard Bodacious. Chop destroying cruise missile.
191 ON3P Wrenegade. Also chop destroying cruise missile.
192 Praxis Protest. Deep day pow ski, with Shifts.
190 Moment Bibby. TBD.
Damn.

I suppose you guys probably get a much wider variety of snow there, though - we don't really get a huge variety of different conditions. It's either nice pow, chopped up nice pow, or packed pow.