Quantcast

weds greetings and salutations thread

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I had a good sleep last night, got shit done today.
My brain told me that the things at the ends were for my hands to lift this off, luckily my boss wasn't watching.
P_20220629_170633.jpg

I'm going to have to start doing some core strengthening garbage, work is getting heavy and awkward.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Have to be at work "on time" today and tomorrow. I thought I left this sh!t behind when I took off the uniform...grrr, stupid grown up shi!t.

On the upside, got a message that my shipment has left the port. With a little luck, will have it by the end of August(!). Using this situation w/ the Frau to leverage myself into a new gravel crusher. Then I can be slow on another trail...

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
HOW IT DO BRUH! I swam 2600 yards this morning. Tired upper body....felt like I was pulling a tugboat. I wasn't though, because A) A tugboat would probably be too heavy to pull, and B) Why the hell would there be a tugboat in the pool?

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Don't want to start a thread, so, is anybody able to put something in their cart on this site?

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Good morning!

Home from work. A thoroughly enjoyable ride home this morning. Nap, yard and house stuff, grill stuff later. Riding tomorrow and Friday.
16565056343045972912889020832218.jpg

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I wish all mouse buttons were up at the top of the trackpad like that.

Damn EOFY sales got me again, bought a rat tail grinder, now sleep time.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello peoples

Sadly no schedule flexibility or the like today. 8 until close to 5, in house in the hospital. Doing fluoro studies today.

074CD773-6EE4-4586-9DB9-01998FE85AFD.jpeg

Got a flat in the spare-less minivan on the way to rehearsal last night. Got there, played rehearsal, waited fruitlessly for a AAA tow for quite a while, gave up and drove a mile on the totally flat tire to a downtown Goodyear a mile away with a key drop box, and left it there.

Wife shall shuttle kids to camp in le Land Cruiser and I’ll e-bike in as I was planning to do anyway.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
:wave:

I went to bed last night at 9:30 and fell asleep within minutes, that felt good. Waking up, not so much. I feel like I could still use some more sleep.

Mountain bike is f'd, so I am doing a path ride on the donkey bike tonight.

But first, lets do this work thing. I've come to realize that I probably have too lofty of goals to accomplish on a daily basis. Every day its the same thing, I want to get tasks 1 through 10 completed. But in reality, I usually only get 1 through 5 done, as there is always some other bullshit or I get sidetracked helping someone else. Oh well.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Hello peoples

Sadly no schedule flexibility or the like today. 8 until close to 5, in house in the hospital. Doing fluoro studies today.

View attachment 178405

Got a flat in the spare-less minivan on the way to rehearsal last night. Got there, played rehearsal, waited fruitlessly for a AAA tow for quite a while, gave up and drove a mile on the totally flat tire to a downtown Goodyear a mile away with a key drop box, and left it there.

Wife shall shuttle kids to camp in le Land Cruiser and I’ll e-bike in as I was planning to do anyway.
I still find it strange that so many cars don't come with a spare tire/wheel.

Even stranger when the space is still reserved for it, its just not included. :confused:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Doing quick campus tour of Cal while where here, then off to Santa Cruz. Rock out the Boardwalk for the afternoon. Study where I can fit it in. Getting sore from two days of active touristing (backpack of shit, stroller, lots of walking) with more today...

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Put in my two weeks' notice yesterday. One owner handled it like a professional, the other is throwing a tantrum. Made the right choice.
Always find out what kind of person your supervisors are when you tender your resignation. I've been lucky to have 2/3 wish me all the best and I departed on good terms with an open invitation to return.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Fired up the new chainsaw yesterday to remove a few branches from a nuisance tree. My oh my does that thing rip.

Thinking of buying a new stem for the hardtail. It's time to ditch the 70mm in favor of a 35mm.

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
Had a sunset pedal, turned into a stand and jam fest with my torso draped over the bar. I blame the fact my MTB feels like a rocket ship next to my loaded gravel grinder, and its new tires. REALLY feeling that today, it was supposed to be gentile cruise down the dirt road. At least it was kept short. Forearm is feeling crunchy from overusing on some work I wanted done fast. So today I'm really pulling that brake for don't be funked up for the racing take it easy. Off to run around and make the world a kinder place.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I still find it strange that so many cars don't come with a spare tire/wheel.

Even stranger when the space is still reserved for it, its just not included. :confused:
Cost savings and the little bit of weight saved could bump up the MPG ratings a point. First thing I did with my new car is find a jack and spare for it. I spend way too much time on dirt roads with no cell service to rely on getting help with a phone call.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Cost savings and the little bit of weight saved could bump up the MPG ratings a point. First thing I did with my new car is find a jack and spare for it. I spend way too much time on dirt roads with no cell service to rely on getting help with a phone call.
Audi has one of those weird compressed spares. When you inflate it, it gets substantially larger, but it's tiny and light in storage. I should really double check on the Pilot...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Audi has one of those weird compressed spares. When you inflate it, it gets substantially larger, but it's tiny and light in storage. I should really double check on the Pilot...
I always check my spare when I rotate summer/winter tires.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Here. Doing quick campus tour of Cal while where here, then off to Santa Cruz. Rock out the Boardwalk for the afternoon. Study where I can fit it in. Getting sore from two days of active touristing (backpack of shit, stroller, lots of walking) with more today...
how old are your kids that you're still using a stroller?

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Got word that our work from home policy will be expanding. WOO HOO! We had a "trial period" after which HR reevaluated to draft a more permanent policy. I figured they would tighten things up, not loosen them. We're going from two day WFH per week to three, and they eliminated the restriction that disallowed both Monday and Friday WFH.

Between the new job and the post-pandemic remote work policies, my annual commuting miles have gone from 18,000 to 4,500.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Got word that our work from home policy will be expanding. WOO HOO! We had a "trial period" after which HR reevaluated to draft a more permanent policy. I figured they would tighten things up, not loosen them. We're going from two day WFH per week to three, and they eliminated the restriction that disallowed both Monday and Friday WFH.

Between the new job and the post-pandemic remote work policies, my annual commuting miles have gone from 18,000 to 4,500.
we are basically required to WFH on friday. its not super strict like, if you had to go in to run some lab testing or something, but people are strongly encouraged to be remote fridays. and not schedule meetings either.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
we are basically required to WFH on friday. its not super strict like, if you had to go in to run some lab testing or something, but people are strongly encouraged to be remote fridays. and not schedule meetings either.
Friday will still be an in-person day for me. The place is empty on Fridays, so it's a great day to be there.