Quantcast

Week-day mud riding?

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Jr_Bullit said:
Who's with me?!!

I'm game for riding tomorrow night (tuesday)...so where we meeting..4pm?
ahaha somewhere with mud? i might not work tomorrow i haven't ridden at S. Seatac in a while..... :think: The weatherman is in complete boggle mode though , they don't know if, when, where it's gonna rain tomorrow.

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Meh - no worries, I'm running on 3 hours of sleep today, if it doesn't improve, riding should be interesting ;).

Oh, and Skoooks - it doesn't "Have" to be muddy, I just figured with all the rain, mud would be predominant color of my backside by the time we were done.

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
Where? I need to ride, haven't been on the bike since Lk. Sawyer with Snacks and Trailhacker a couple of weeks ago. :( Stupid work :mumble: :mumble:

Jr_Bullit

Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
I'd kinda like to stay up in the North End since I have to work at least 15 minutes late tomorrow to spend time working on proper communication styles with the new guy. We did 45 minutes of review today on his work - tomorrow he gets his homework to improve...

St. Eds? JG?

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Jr_Bullit said:
I'd kinda like to stay up in the North End since I have to work at least 15 minutes late tomorrow to spend time working on proper communication styles with the new guy. We did 45 minutes of review today on his work - tomorrow he gets his homework to improve...

St. Eds? JG?
St. Ed's works for me. How about 4:30 so Kevin can go?

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
I'll be doing a cardio gettin' ready for Moab spin from the house out here in Duvall tomorrow at 4 if that works. Out the Tolt pipeline to the Moss lake trails and back. 20 miles, 2 hours? Gotta be back by 6.

Jr_Bullit

Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Borneo said:
I'll be doing a cardio gettin' ready for Moab spin from the house out here in Duvall tomorrow at 4 if that works. Out the Tolt pipeline to the Moss lake trails and back. 20 miles, 2 hours? Gotta be back by 6.
Ya, but that's like a 45 minute drive from here :( I'd never make it!

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Jr_Bullit said:
Perfect! Gives me some cush time in case things run late with my training thing.
K. Kevin and I will be there! :D

Hey Jr_B: Can you tell a difference from riding your XC bike vs. your hardtail. I'm thinking about getting a hardtail, but I'm not sure what to expect.

Jr_Bullit

Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Snacks said:
K. Kevin and I will be there! :D

Hey Jr_B: Can you tell a difference from riding your XC bike vs. your hardtail. I'm thinking about getting a hardtail, but I'm not sure what to expect.
Lol - well yes, but my last hard tail was a single speed tiny bike with 24" wheels meant to teach me how to jump a wee bit...

However, there is a noticeable difference between when I have my rear shock "on" versus locked...if you want you can toodle around on my bike today and see the difference in the way it feels...I like it locked out for climbing, but for general riding it's fun having that tiny bit of cush. However, I'm a firm believer in you gotta ride what works for you - not what other people say works for them :D

Jr_Bullit

Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Thanks for the fun ride last night Snacks and Trailhacker! :) Good to see you were able to join us EvilBob :) you and that bright orange shirt :thumb:

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
cove rider said:
what do you mean?
I am 47 and have been working on bikes, motos, cars.... longer than most of the people at Tims have been alive. I build my own wheels because I like to even though I have access to a wheel builder who I feel is among the best in the world. I am picky about somethings that escape the eyes of others and allready am supported on the racing end for anything I need. :thumb: :thumb:

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
evilbob said:
I am 47 and have been working on bikes, motos, cars.... longer than most of the people at Tims have been alive. I build my own wheels because I like to even though I have access to a wheel builder who I feel is among the best in the world. I am picky about somethings that escape the eyes of others and allready am supported on the racing end for anything I need. :thumb: :thumb:
So "Mr. Connected" wanna ride at Lake Sawyer on Saturday? :D

Jr_Bullit

Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Snacks said:
Today, and on a muddy trail! :monkey:

J/K....I'm just going to hit Ed's afterwork. I need to get these lung cookies out of my chest before Saturday. 4pm?
:( I can't....too much drinking late last night on my girls' night out...not sure biking is the best plan right now ;).

Saturday is still a possibility :D

X-C Phantom

Chimp
Dec 9, 2004
Puget Sound
Skookum said:
NINE O CLOCK COAL CART SATURDAY

be there or be a duck billed platypus.
:think: Darn, I guess I'm a duck billed platypus......
Had to work on my night off.....Doesn't go over well to work from 5pm to 530 am and then ride at 9am......I was looking forward to hooking up with you guys! Next time......

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
X-C Phantom said:
:think: Darn, I guess I'm a duck billed platypus......
Had to work on my night off.....Doesn't go over well to work from 5pm to 530 am and then ride at 9am......I was looking forward to hooking up with you guys! Next time......
Ahh that's too bad... Oh well i guess we'll catch you on some other trail down the road and in the meantime, dream of large female duck billed platypus.