Quantcast

Weekend in Huntsville, AL

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
Well figured it out. Monte Sano State Park has some awesome technical rocky and rooty trails. I hear there are even more out on some land trust lands as well but the SP was a great fix!

waterdogs

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Upstate SC
Sorry, I missed this post, busy week. We lived there for three years and rode MS every weekend. Sinks from the top is short and fast, but my fav is Mountain Mist. There is a lot more at the land trust parking lot about 1/4 way up the road, but most of the hikers frequent that area. You can shuttle Bluff Line in the LT system and drop in on Monte Sano Blvd across from the other LT parking lot at the top of the mountain. Any other questions, feel free to ask.

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
Sorry, I missed this post, busy week. We lived there for three years and rode MS every weekend. Sinks from the top is short and fast, but my fav is Mountain Mist. There is a lot more at the land trust parking lot about 1/4 way up the road, but most of the hikers frequent that area. You can shuttle Bluff Line in the LT system and drop in on Monte Sano Blvd across from the other LT parking lot at the top of the mountain. Any other questions, feel free to ask.
Thanks Jay! Think I nailed the ride today. Out on the Family trail for a warmup down Goat around Kenny up Mist back down Mist to abandoned road and back to the car.