Quantcast

Welding in MA

octanejake

Chimp
Sep 20, 2009
Ma
hello, just wondering if anyone in western or central Massachusetts would be interesting in teaching me how to weld. Or knows of a place where i could learn and get experience welding because I don't have the equipment or know anyone who can.

Jimmysal

Monkey
Mar 26, 2010
Vermont
BOCES has welding classes, not sure if it's called that in MA. Local community college might have it. Some larger welding supply stores run welding classes as well. I ended up picking up my welder used from a supply store. They used it in their classes, and since it was technically never sold, I got a half price Miller mig with a warranty!

It's a useful skill to pick up, and IMHO well worth paying to learn properly.

FlyinPolack

Monkey
Jul 16, 2007
Some Maineoxy & some Airgas stores offer classes. Also, check with a local high school. sometimes they have classes at night for a small fee.
Check with some of the framebuilders in mass too, some may just need some help cleaning up in exchange for some lessons.
I'd show ya how but I'm just way to busy atm.
Have at it! It's a great skill to know.

Someday maybe you'll be riding your own bikes down mtns, like me!

maddog17

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2008
Methuen, Mass. U.S.A.
Hot Tubes in Worcester offers a one week course in welding frames. you end up building your own. check them out. otherwise i'd say look into local high school or tech voc schools for a basic welding class. a buddy of mine did that at the local voc school. they learned mig welding, pretty basic but it got his feet wet and his curiosity settled