Quantcast

West Mountain Saturday!

Mumbles

Monkey
Jul 17, 2002
Minneapolis, MN
yay! i get to ride West mountain saturday. any other monkey's gonna be there? SuspectDevice + I are gonna be there starting early in the day. should be awesome!

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
What's up with west mt? I was going to platty but the lines may be long(in the morning) because of the race. Maybe i'll hit that off. Sunday that is:D

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Sorry to be the bringer of bad news :(

West Mountain is CLOSED!!! :angry:

I called them today and confirmed that they did not open on Memorial Day Weekend nor would they be open this weekend :mad:

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
Surely, you cannont be serious:mad:. harrumph, Well let's see Maybe I'll just can Saturday and save me gas for a monday-tuesday at Bromont. Bahhhh

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
OK, I'm going to Jiminy Peak.
I have it from an extremely reliable source (and bad-ass trailbuilder) that Jiminy is now Chock-Full-of-Trails.

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
I called and the lady said we should all call and talk to "the guy in charge" and he may open.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Originally posted by Lexx D
I called and the lady said we should all call and talk to "the guy in charge" and he may open.
Well, I did give the lady "the what-for" n' crap I will call him first thing in the morning!

Fingers are now crossed!

We can always go to Gore if West snubs us!

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
I'll be at jiminy on sunday. Suspect, I hold you responsible if it sucks:D . Wait a minute, a high speed quad:think: my bike:sneaky: it can't suck:evil:

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
Originally posted by SuspectDevice
I know that they built at least 3 good trails last fall, so it's no West, but it's close, fast and cheap.
3 is a good start. 3 last year and some other random stuff will be worth 20 bucks:D . Hey I'll be there on sunday, if it's great i'll be back if it sucks I'll probably still go back. It's no platty i'm sure but a good time either way.

Mumbles

Monkey
Jul 17, 2002
Minneapolis, MN
Originally posted by SuspectDevice
I know that they built at least 3 good trails last fall, so it's no West, but it's close, fast and cheap.
i just looked at the Jiminy website and it says the lift's aren't running until NEXT saturday (13). is this true? if so, you still going Mickey (i'm going to call you later)?

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
Originally posted by Mumbles
i just looked at the Jiminy website and it says the lift's aren't running until NEXT saturday (13). is this true? if so, you still going Mickey (i'm going to call you later)?
Taken from the site
" The Grand Slam chairlift will operate from 11am to 6pm on weekends through June 13 and daily beginning June 19.

lift fees are $20 for the day. Mountain biking season passes are also available for $150. Please call (413) 738-5500, Ext. 3340 for more information. "
I think they're open I'll call.

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
I couldn't wait to talk to a person but the answer machine says they will be open 11-6:thumb: