Quantcast

Westlake

Ride it

Chimp
Feb 14, 2007
Ventura
Im pretty sure if its just west lake, then your looking at allot of cross country ridding, if you like it!! Tons of trails.

1000-Oaks

Monkey
May 8, 2003
Simi Valley, CA
Yup, that was me!

I'll be out shooting at Bootleg this weekend, but have fun on Suicide. If you can pedal up Dead Cow you're the man, I push. Just before you hit the gate at the top there's a steep trail up to the right that doesn't really look like a trail, I think that's the start. (I passed by it and picked up the trail on the other side of the hilltop.) Down is pretty easy but fun. Doubt you'll want to push up more than once.

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
Yup, that was me!

I'll be out shooting at Bootleg this weekend, but have fun on Suicide. If you can pedal up Dead Cow you're the man, I push. Just before you hit the gate at the top there's a steep trail up to the right that doesn't really look like a trail, I think that's the start. (I passed by it and picked up the trail on the other side of the hilltop.) Down is pretty easy but fun. Doubt you'll want to push up more than once.
Just re-read this......1000 Oaks, the trail that you took is the correct one. If you take the way that you passed up you will miss a good chunk of the fun stuff (IMO).

Also, mtnbrider, if I'm not too late and you haven't ridden there yet, do yourself a favor and wear pads. This place is very rocky and unforgiving if you go down in the rocks. Have fun!

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
I was planning on shinguards and elbow pads.

I decided not go, because I couldn't find anyone to ride with and I had stuff at home I should be doing.

Thanks for all the info. Maybe I can find someone to ride with the next time I have a chance to go down there.