Quantcast

$$$Wet Wednesderp GMT$$$

Wingnut

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2003
Sorry, I'm Canadian ..sorry...
Had a strange night last night. I think my daughter had "relaxation" music playing on her phone all night, and I kept picking up on one particular sound and had convinced myself there was a bird trapped in the house somewhere, but every time I searched, I found nothing....

Soooo......

1 hour sleep last night, 2 (not 1, but 2) empty pots of coffee upon arrival at work, and rain = severe kill list.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
They have interbred American and Chinese varieties to get a hybrid that has the resistance of Chinese strains but are otherwise indistinguishable to the American variety.
from the link JBP posted:

Our backcross breeding program is based on methodology proposed by Dr. Charles Burnham. This breeding program uses Chinese chestnut trees, naturally resistant to the blight, and crosses them with American chestnuts. These trees are then backcrossed to the American species. Each generation is inoculated with the blight fungus and only those trees with the highest resistance are used to breed further generations. This process continues over seven generations to produce an American chestnut tree that retains no Chinese characteristics, other than blight resistance.

They have interbred American and Chinese varieties to get a hybrid that has the resistance of Chinese strains but are otherwise indistinguishable to the American variety.
I will try speaking to them in Mandarin.

Had a strange night last night. I think my daughter had "relaxation" music playing on her phone all night, and I kept picking up on one particular sound and had convinced myself there was a bird trapped in the house somewhere, but every time I searched, I found nothing....

Soooo......

1 hour sleep last night, 2 (not 1, but 2) empty pots of coffee upon arrival at work, and rain = severe kill list.
Tell your daughter to enjoy her hearing loss.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
what does this even mean?
What does this mean?
jimmydean

When your upside down and need some morphine?
jimmydean

When the walls of a ditch you are between?
jimmydean

When your half way there and your best ride home is a Holstein?
jimmydean

When you exceed the limits of your auto-machine?
jimmydean

When the roof of your car is no longer pristine?
jimmydean

When from above your head drips gasoline?
jimmydean

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
There is a fire extinguisher in that picture. Right next to the single speed wheel on the wall. I do not believe we even own a wok. I could move the microwave into the garage though, if it will make you feel better.
Yes, that will make me feel much better.

Moving the motorcycle into the kitchen is also acceptable.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
There are actually two Discount Tire shops on Colfax. I'm guessing their Aurora location?

If I wasn't in a lunch meeting and you said Lakewood, we coulda met for lunch. Alas, I am in a lunch meeting.
'twas Aurora. I live way in the northeast of Denver and work in Aurora about a mile from said Discount Tire.

Related to Colfax: saw a dude (presuming it was a dude) in a two gen old S Class unsuccessfully proposition a hooker walking down the sidewalk at about 9:30 AM. She waved him off and then he stopped blocking traffic and moved on. (If she wasn't a hooker she was doing a bang-up job of dressing like one, and you all know Colfax.)

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
'twas Aurora. I live way in the northeast of Denver and work in Aurora about a mile from said Discount Tire.

Related to Colfax: saw a dude (presuming it was a dude) in a two gen old S Class unsuccessfully proposition a hooker walking down the sidewalk at about 9:30 AM. She waved him off and then he stopped blocking traffic and moved on. (If she wasn't a hooker she was doing a bang-up job of dressing like one, and you all know Colfax.)
no bum fights?

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Dues paid to the local dentist this morning. Now at Discount Tire on Colfax, always an interesting microcosm of society.
The advantage of a sister-in-law who practices - no dentist fees for me.

But I do need to find a local tire shop who will activate the TPMS sensors in my winter wheels. In their second winter I discovered programming the car to the new codes isn't worth a damn if the sensors haven't been woken up. Otherwise I'll just resort to electrical tape over the warning light for the winter again.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001

used to live in the highline village apartments......wheeeeeeeee.....grand old times....when on a quiet night you cold here coyotes or a gun fight at the mall....