Quantcast

>>>Wet Wednesderp gmt<<<

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Meant to say that we "own" fat bikes now... meaning my Financée and I. We went from being first time fat bike renters, just trying it out, maybe this is cool maybe not... to now we own fat bikes. Got a nice price on a couple of entry level Rocky Mountain Blizzard 10's from a buddy of @rideit up in Jackson. So now we "have to go get them" I suppose which is obviously going to suck.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Meant to say that we "own" fat bikes now... meaning my Financée and I. We went from being first time fat bike renters, just trying it out, maybe this is cool maybe not... to now we own fat bikes. Got a nice price on a couple of entry level Rocky Mountain Blizzard 10's from a buddy of @rideit up in Jackson. So now we "have to go get them" I suppose which is obviously going to suck.
not sleeping at the wheel I see.

So, most important question; what tires?

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
not sleeping at the wheel I see.

So, most important question; what tires?
Assuming just what comes spec'd on the bike: Terrene Cake Eater Fast Rolling Tubeless Studdable 26 x 4.6. This was the tire that was on herdemo bike, and they seemed fine. The bike I rented was last year's Blizzard 10 so it had some other tire on it but I don't recall what.

And no, not sleeping. Essentially, she was all-in on getting a fat bike to ride this year after we tried it out. I still ski, so I was thinking maybe I'd hold off until spring or next year or whatever. But honestly, the snow has been crap for skiing inbounds, the backcountry is scary dangerous this year, and we got a good price on these so decide to say F it and pull the trigger.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Assuming just what comes spec'd on the bike: Terrene Cake Eater Fast Rolling Tubeless Studdable 26 x 4.6. This was the tire that was on herdemo bike, and they seemed fine. The bike I rented was last year's Blizzard 10 so it had some other tire on it but I don't recall what.

And no, not sleeping. Essentially, she was all-in on getting a fat bike to ride this year after we tried it out. I still ski, so I was thinking maybe I'd hold off until spring or next year or whatever. But honestly, the snow has been crap for skiing inbounds, the backcountry is scary dangerous this year, and we got a good price on these so decide to say F it and pull the trigger.
Sweet. As a non-plank slider whose wife likes us hanging out with your missus we approve this purchase.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Thought yesterday was bad. Turned on computer to 40+ emails with response actions required in addition to normal stuff today. Today will be very long; doubt I'm eating dinner with the family tonight.

How many of you guys use OneNote for keeping track of stuff for work? I've traditionally used a notebook, but the to-do list, according follow-up and notes are getting unwieldy (yeah for more responsibility!). Just trying to figure out the best way to use something that integrates into my calendar for due dates and reminders, but also allows for individual/topic based notes.
Fuck OneNote. I used to use it, but it just becomes a dumping ground for random screenshots and notes that I don't care about. The search sucks and its too easy to lose control of the organization with different books, tabs and sub pages.

For tasks, notes and whatnot, I use Microsoft To Do now. If your company uses Office 365 then you should be able to download it from the Microsoft Store. It allows you to create different lists, tasks etc etc. You can share them with people too. It also gathers all your tasks from Outlook, Planner, Teams etc and gives you visibility of them all in one spot. And there is a nice app for your phone.

For real notes, instructions and whatnot, I use good ole Word.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Fat bike group super spreader event next weekend? (Feb. 5-7)
How much of a "deal"?

Asking for a friend, whose N+1 Fatbike isn't shipping til 2/8 - 3/8...

I'm probably locked in since I already pre-paid, but looks like similar entry level components.

My off brand bike $900 all in shipped but non-tubeless rims and slightly larger (4.9") tires

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
So just to update folks, no statement was emailed and no phone call. The wife went online and filed a complaint. It's so Karen, but this is ridiculous.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Man... you're telling me. You should go VERY soon.

View attachment 155801

ETA: Just out of curiosity... how tall is your fiance? Also - will you be willing to lend those fat bikes to friends at any point? Asking for... some friends. ;)
She's 5'5"-ish, maybe a bit taller but not quite 5'6". Long-ish in the torso. Kinda of between a small and a medium, medium better generally for length but we sometimes run into issues with too tall of a seat tube to get a longer dropper installed. Her fat bike will be a small, though we could have likely gone medium and put a shorty stem on it... the small was what was available and it's what she demo'd and it felt fine.

WRT borrowing them out... I'd say there's a higher than zero likelihood of that happening.

Sweet. As a non-plank slider whose wife likes us hanging out with your missus we approve this purchase.
Duly noted that only hanging out with my missus was documented as enjoyable.

How much of a "deal"?

Asking for a friend, whose N+1 Fatbike isn't shipping til 2/8 - 3/8...

I'm probably locked in since I already pre-paid, but looks like similar entry level components.

My off brand bike $900 all in shipped but non-tubeless rims and slightly larger (4.9") tires
TBH, the biggest part of the "deal" was that the shop had them in stock, in our size, and the model we were most interested in. I'd be lying if I said there wasn't also a wee bit of a good-guy bro-deal on the price, but availability was the seller.