Quantcast

-Wetnessday-

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Fuck Xfinity.

Current bill has gone up to $192/month. Phone them to try and reduce the amount by dropping phone which we've never used - effectively the same price. Try to have them get closer to one of their new customer deals, nope.
You've got to cancel or at least be on the phone with one of the people handling cancellation to get the deals. Play hardball!

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
she views the standardized testing as a waste of everyone's time and is happy to have MCAS in her rearview mirror.
She's not wrong.

I used to love them though because we were allowed to leave school as soon as we finished. Bubble that shit in as fast as possible and jet, on a good day I'd be done with school by 9:00AM. I wish work was like that, it's equally as pointless.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
So how much are those costing per month?
Prime is no additional cost for video streaming beyond the normal membership for delivery benefits, etc.

Disney+ is now $12/mo iirc, Netflix is jacking things up though. $22?

/me pays $65/mo for 1 gig fiber to the home via Centurylink/Qwest.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
seems like it's warmer... vaguely humid

MCAS testing concluded yesterday for my daughter's cohort at school. she views the standardized testing as a waste of everyone's time and is happy to have MCAS in her rearview mirror.

tax prep folks asking questions seems to signal that we will soon have our answer regarding whether we owe money to the man...

life proceeds...
CMAS is destroying Haley right now. Same with can't wait for it to be over.

Just sent out taxes in, so money inbound soon.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
About $30 for Disney & Netflix. I think Prime is about $10/mo, but not sure - we'd have that regardless of whether or not they included streaming...

We also have Peacock+ but that's included since Comcast owns that network... or is it the other way 'round? :confused:
That's a lot of money for TV.
I'm by no means a reference since I only do internet connection + vpn and steal everything.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
I mean... the innernetz basically like your water bill any more - it's not like we're NOT going to pay for internet.

How much is internet in your communist nation?
Seems to be the same. Not fibre. Unlimited cable at 40/10 for $50cnd

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
WaSUP

First time I tried SUP was on a super windy day on Lake Huron. Not great a choice for a n00b when there are waves breaking on the shore. :rofl:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
The girlfriend has a SUP and enjoys it. Personally I'd rather kayak or just float on the water in a tube with a beer. Here you can get busted by the police for alcohol in both a kayak and a SUP, but not a floaty tube thing. But anyways...

The SUP is super easy for her to drag down the street to the lake, which we're a five minute walk from. Or it packs down nicely and can be tossed into a vehicle and locked up vs a kayak.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
What is the fascination with SUP? Is it just cool to say? It's like a bullshit kayak, kayaks aren't exactly hard to come by, just get a kayak.
Since buying a place on the river, I think I have more boats than bikes at this point, something I obviously need to address (checks GG factory seconds sales portal to no avail...)

But I do have plenty of loaners now for wayward monkeys visiting SW MT -- and as @Full Trucker can attest, it's a good way to spend your recovery day when not biking the nearby CDT goods ;)

Current Flotilla:
17' Old Town Canoe (better for lakes than rivers, I want to do some boat camping on Cliff Lake)
11' sit on top fishing kayak (350 lb capacity means a bit heavy to load for the first month of the season)
9' sit inside Kayak (250 lbs)
11' sit on top lighter kayak (250 lb capacity, so less of a PIA to load)
11' Body Glove SUP (250 lbs capacity)
Kids Kayak (120 lbs)
Kids SUP (120 lbs)
NEW SUP -- wider, lighter and removeable fin because the first mile of river float is spring fed and boney/shallow year round
Truck innertube with soggy bottom velcro attached seat

If I am feeling lazy and want to focus on beerz and the mobile bong shed, I'll take the sit on top Kayak.

It's much harder to drink beer when SUP'ing and it's definitely more of a workout than the Kayak.

BUT what I like most about the SUP is the visibility, as you're standing 3'+ taller on the water so you can see a lot more stuff...

Different strokes for different folks.

ETA: FT's feet (and the puppers)

1680736519876.jpeg

Last edited:

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Something I learned about Colombia, which will be gratifying for Woo's fantasies about me being a creeper.
I was at a gym in the nice part of town, where everyone there except for the personal trainer were women. It was an absolute parade of well kept, well maintained women.
The trainer casually mentioned that Colombia has some of the best and cheapest plastic surgery in the world.
And then it clicked.
It's not my thing, really, but made for some amazing stealthy glancing.
No pics, obviously.
It was actually a little cartoonish.
But I gave the workout all I had!