Quantcast

Whale Wars

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Ok, I don't get it...

For some reason this show reminds me of what would happen if you put a bunch of fixie trash on a ship and gave them a purpose. They'd talk a lot of ****, posture and pose a whole bunch, and in the end they'd get little or nothing more done than talking about how they feel while people of lesser minds on the other end of the glow box eat up their deeply felt cause...

I just don't understand.

You want to make things happen, step up your game. I get that dropping things out of the helicopter is an act of war, but just chasing them about and throwing bottles of what amounts to bleach is really doing nothing.

37mm tear gas launchers loaded with CS.
Sand cannons.
Nerf tipped harpoons.
These are real approaches.

Hell, get some inmates from San Q to show them how to make improvised weapons out of their racks. Have the inmates explain the idea of "gassing" someone to the crew, that would be fun to watch.

/rant

spocomptonrider

sportin' the CROCS
Nov 30, 2007
spokanistan
That show is outrageous, I feel exactly the same way. If they are so dedicated to saving teh whales they would be less concerned over breaking laws and more concerned about getting sh!t done. I only saw a couple of episodes and came away shaking my head, not only does that show have less content than the average issue of DECLINE those vegan hipsters don't accomplish anything other than chasing big bad processing ships around a vast ocean, I could make a show more exciting than that. The premise- me taking a dump.

Last edited:

gonefirefightin

free wieners
The choice for no TV was actually by default, there is no signal nor cable here and in order for me to get sat. I would have to cut down more than a half dozen trees to get a line of sight.

I have been alot better off since. If I want to watch anything particular I fire up the media center PC and pipe it through the HDMI. But I find I am either working in the woodshop or working on trails rather than letting my meat loaf on the sofa

between hulu and netflix I really have no need anymore for TV. plus it has been a huge savings

spocomptonrider

sportin' the CROCS
Nov 30, 2007
spokanistan
The choice for no TV was actually by default, there is no signal nor cable here and in order for me to get sat. I would have to cut down more than a half dozen trees to get a line of sight.

I have been alot better off since. If I want to watch anything particular I fire up the media center PC and pipe it through the HDMI. But I find I am either working in the woodshop or working on trails rather than letting my meat loaf on the sofa

between hulu and netflix I really have no need anymore for TV. plus it has been a huge savings
Can't wait to get my new place, no cable or satellites for me. Just teh interwebz and a whole bunch of back yard dirt for me to play in/ poop on.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
They've upgraded their ship with half million dollars, added a water cannon and some other unnamed projectile cannon. According to this article they have three boats, and are going all whaling season long now.

You can thank New Zealand.

Not that it matters given the effective distances (the commercial units the Japanese have were basically useless), but the millions spent on developing LRAD have already been defeated easily with common cheap materials, even the military version. Just need to make a less unwieldy version...

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Not that it matters given the effective distances (the commercial units the Japanese have were basically useless), but the millions spent on developing LRAD have already been defeated easily with common cheap materials, even the military version. Just need to make a less unwieldy version...

i cant believe they are using the EarthRace boat to campaign against the whalers.

and if they show up wearing some stupid piece of "kit" like that, then ratings will obviously go up.

whaling is a problem and currently i believe only the U.S. allows whaling for some Alaskan tribes because of their deep heritage in whaling....but the Steve Irwin is doing a stupid half-assed job trying to stop them

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

:stupid:
No TV in our house for 2 years. Greatest thing weve ever done. Movies from net flix and when I really need to watch a show I can stream it from the interwebs. 60 a month for satalite or cable? Hell no.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
whaling is a problem and currently i believe only the U.S. allows whaling for some Alaskan tribes because of their deep heritage in whaling....but the Steve Irwin is doing a stupid half-assed job trying to stop them
Norway and Japan are the only ones doing it on large commercial scale. Japan whales in the Southern Ocean Whale Sanctuary which is illegal. That is where the SS operates.

http://www.iwcoffice.org/conservation/sanctuaries.htm

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I said this before, but the only time I saw WW, I couldn't help but laugh and laugh and laugh.

Watch indignant white people cry, I couldn't help myself. I started rooting for the Japanese because it is an Asian thing.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Norway and Japan are the only ones doing it on large commercial scale. Japan whales in the Southern Ocean Whale Sanctuary which is illegal. That is where the SS operates.

http://www.iwcoffice.org/conservation/sanctuaries.htm
Japan does not endorse commercial whaling, thats why you see the whaling ships holding up signs saying its for research.
they arent allowed to waste anything after their "research" has been done, so it goes to market.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
I said this before, but the only time I saw WW, I couldn't help but laugh and laugh and laugh.

Watch indignant white people cry, I couldn't help myself. I started rooting for the Japanese because it is an Asian thing.
Japanese are involved too. The fishing industry in Japan is also poisoning school children with mercury tainted dolphin meat.

The Japanese whalers are the only ones so far with serious injuries, a few fatalities, and fires in their short time operating in Antarctica. Despite their seeming incompetence, SS has been operating on the seas since the 1975 with a better record.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
they arent allowed to waste anything after their "research" has been done, so it goes to market.
No other modern scientific zoology program operates in similar fashion, its commercial whaling. Modern research technology has made lethal research, especially on a large scale, functionally obsolete.

Last edited:

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Japanese are involved too. The fishing industry in Japan is also poisoning school children with mercury tainted dolphin meat.

The Japanese whalers are the only ones so far with serious injuries, a few fatalities, and fires in their short time operating in Antarctica. Despite their seeming incompetence, SS has been operating on the seas since the 1975 with a better record.
You don't need to explain to me how whaling is wrong. But watching so many morally superior white people (and the one Asian girl wearing a mask) take a shot to the gut, bwhahahaha!

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
show needs more explosions. With 3 boats this time the probability of one is now higher at least.

Also this would be a great marketing for some UAV companies with shipboard launch capabilities.

greenhood

Turbo Monkey
Jun 12, 2006
SEATTLE-MINNEAPOLIS
No cable here either. Kick ass tv, but no cable. Tv is used for movies only. If I had cable I would end up watching bull**** like Whale Wars. I don't trust my ability to say no.

NorseManiac

Monkey
Mar 15, 2006
The North Shore, MA
Why don't they have air cannons firing that **** they put in the bottles. They need more rednecks and less vegans. I actually can't believe they get away doing what they are. Fight illegal activities with illegal activities I guess. Keep it gangstah.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
they need to throw muriatic acid and not butyric...they are just half-assing it.
hell i got two gallons laying around they can have

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
They need more rednecks and less vegans.
+1

They are cavemen, but if you need something ****ed up, smashed up, blown up, give em a call.

they need to throw muriatic acid and not butyric...they are just half-assing it.
hell i got two gallons laying around they can have
Just throw pairs of soiled white cotton panties in the water. The Japanese fishermen will go over the side to get em.

Last edited:

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Why don't they have air cannons firing that **** they put in the bottles. They need more rednecks and less vegans. I actually can't believe they get away doing what they are. Fight illegal activities with illegal activities I guess. Keep it gangstah.
A large three man slingshot on a mount on their zodiacs would be cheap and easy.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
:rofl:

I love vegans and hate rednecks but I gotta agree with you on this one. I'd love to see a bunch of good ole' southern boys could do down there. :thumb:
That gives me an idea:

Reality TV mash-ups. Take the rednecks from Ice Road Truckers and throw them in with the real housewives of whatever city, or maybe the Kardashians. You get the idea.