Quantcast

what 6 inches does to Devils Backbone backside

this thing das bighit, ate up the rock and stuff on the backside of the loop at the devils backbone, i cleared all sorts of stuff that before on my non suspened 16 yr old stumpjumper would slap all around and get darn tired on.

it climbes well enough and just all out eats up the funky off angle rock found on that ridge... what a hoot in a half!

Renegade... I got to see if i can get up to your neck of the woods and ride magnolia's hidden gems...

so many rides i want to try with this thing... :drool: :drool: :love:

just das redbeard in loveland... aka Barba Rosa

Attachments

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
No sh!t eh? Another retro-grouch discovers the dark side of full suspension! Good on ya mate, I'm stoked you had a good time! How rad! I remember when I said to a friend, "I'll never ride v-brakes! That's just marketing hype and crap!" Back then I was fully rigid and canti's, and now look at me... 9" of travel front and rear, 8" disc brakes, Pro-Pedal suspension, I'm the antithesis of everything I started out as! God bless technology, it has only served to give me more giggles! :D

Renegade

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
BarbaRosa said:
this thing das bighit, ate up the rock and stuff on the backside of the loop at the devils backbone, i cleared all sorts of stuff that before on my non suspened 16 yr old stumpjumper would slap all around and get darn tired on.

it climbes well enough and just all out eats up the funky off angle rock found on that ridge... what a hoot in a half!

Renegade... I got to see if i can get up to your neck of the woods and ride magnolia's hidden gems...

so many rides i want to try with this thing... :drool: :drool: :love:

just das redbeard in loveland... aka Barba Rosa
Well, welcome to the 21st century! Yup, suspension is not a gimmick, nor are hydraulic brakes, or fortified ales!

Imagine if your car, or your motorcycle was totally rigid; no springs or shock absorbers. You'd be crawling along at 5 miles an hour, hoping not to hit any irregularities in the road that might throw you off...

Morryjg

Mr. Ho Jangles
May 9, 2003
Littleton
Full Trucker said:
I remember when I said to a friend, "I'll never ride v-brakes! That's just marketing hype and crap!" Back then I was fully rigid and canti's, and now look at me... 9" of travel front and rear, 8" disc brakes, Pro-Pedal suspension, I'm the antithesis of everything I started out as! God bless technology, it has only served to give me more giggles! :D

Another great quote by the almighty Full T! Well spoken! :cool:

ha ha ha

well it is just i have this personal attatchment to the old retro stumpjumper.. we have been through so much together... i will be rebuilding the drive train as i find parts in peoples toss out bins... 6 spd cassette stuff. i have a set of the front chain rings that i have had in my parts bin for years.... so i just need to locate gears for the rear cassette to put on. ... she will continue to be my around town bike path and ride to take when with people who dont really ride...who knows... maybe build it as a single speed for a bit...

but, the reason i did a bighit instead of something like the enduro was cause I knew the suspension would be more dramatic... i have tried to take my old bmw gs beast out on smaller trails and got pummelled..... so ya Trukerman, das spekish das truth

halla uullia

let's ride

s1ngletrack

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Denver
Hell ya - I'm very happy to hear that you like the bike - I was really hoping that you wouldn't be pissed that you hadn't bought an Enduro, but figured you would like it as much as I did - I decided that the RM7 was more bike than I wanted to climb with and sold it (no sh1t - less than a week old) and picked up an '03 AC1 the other day hoping for something a little closer to the BH