Quantcast

What a week after surgery....

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
Well, wife's surgery. Had thumb denervation, where the nerve between her thumb and index finger, on her dominant hand, had to be cut to stop the pain she's been having for the past almost year. Surgery went well, as we arranged it with our 26th anniversary, until.......

Couldn't do much, if anything, at all for anniversary, as recovery is painful. Since we were told our follow-up appointment was today, we just sat around the house, though we did try to go out for dinner Saturday. Wifey became quite upset since nothing was planned for actual anniversary Sunday, and I took the brunt of it. Then......

Follow-up appointment was today at 11:30. She leaves early (still pissed at me for last night), and get to office way early. As she's entering building, she gets a call from the doc's assistant (30min before appointment) that there will be no suture removing today, and to come back Friday. Great, so we sit around all weekend due to the follow-up, only to be told nothing will happen today. Heck, I would've been able to take her to the coast as we love doing as often as possible!

So, now it's a livid wife, and me with my tail between my legs. I hope the movie later will help relieve some of the dislike.....