Quantcast

what about plastic pegs?

oldtricks

Chimp
Feb 23, 2009
Are they any good? I haven't ridden with pegs before. ( well, one week with some monster heavy ones)
I want something light. mostly for park... like to learn grinds on rails and hanging up and poping back in off of pool coping.

Stoked

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2004
LI, NY
I run 2 gsport plegs and love em. they wear quick obviously if you grind rough surfaces. you'll get a much longer life outta them if you ride waxed ledges or park rails. I hear animal butcher pegs (alum peg w/ plastic sleeve) last long and you don't have to worry about them snapping due to the alum core.

nyhc00

Monkey
Jul 19, 2010
CT
I run 2 gsport plegs and love em. they wear quick obviously if you grind rough surfaces. you'll get a much longer life outta them if you ride waxed ledges or park rails. I hear animal butcher pegs (alum peg w/ plastic sleeve) last long and you don't have to worry about them snapping due to the alum core.
this, i've been on the same pair of plegs for 2 years now. I'm not really riding street anymore like I did when I was younger so no worries about wearing down. And I recently took my plegs off but kept the steel insert on as a shorter peg for the time being. But the dudes at my shop have been saying good things about the Butcher pegs as well.

stino

Monkey
Jul 14, 2002
belgium
I ride them mainly because they are faster than steel, but also make less noise and do not wear down ledges as quick. However at the current ratio I go through 1 rear pleg about every month as hardly ride park..

Last edited:

NoBrakes23

Chimp
Sep 22, 2011
SoCal
I've just been getting back into things, (As I tend to do every 2-5 years,) and these plegs seem awesome. Last time I was seriously riding the sleeved park pegs were the closest thing to this.

Does anyone put griptape on them and use them for flat? I'm doubtful about a plastic peg, but if it can take grinding, it seems like it should be able to take flatland weight.

Stoked

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2004
LI, NY
I've just been getting back into things, (As I tend to do every 2-5 years,) and these plegs seem awesome. Last time I was seriously riding the sleeved park pegs were the closest thing to this.

Does anyone put griptape on them and use them for flat? I'm doubtful about a plastic peg, but if it can take grinding, it seems like it should be able to take flatland weight.
No experience with griptape on them but I'm sure it would work. check out the Tree balsa pegs or the Sequence pirate pegs for flatland. Tree are 7075 alum and knurled. Sequence are 6061, knurled, and have a steel end cap. Both are more expensive than plegs and only come in 3/8". Tree's work out too be lighter than the plegs if that's another deciding factor.

https://www.danscomp.com/518187.php

https://www.danscomp.com/518168.php