Quantcast

What DH fork should I buy?

Curb Hucker

I am an idiot
Feb 4, 2004
Sleeping in my Kenworth
well since everyone will have a biased opinion, ill tell you the right way to pick

Go down to a local horse racing track.
Get the horses out and with spraypaint, spray 888, FOX, WB, and Dorado onto different horses, whichever wins buy that fork :p

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
FOX DH FORK IT IS TEH BEST FORK EVER. I HEARD A GUY PUT ONE ON A ROOTBEER BULLIT AND HUCKED IT OFF TEH GRAND CANYON.

yellowfox

Monkey
Apr 29, 2004
Akron OH
Originally posted by binary visions
FOX DH FORK IT IS TEH BEST FORK EVER. I HEARD A GUY PUT ONE ON A ROOTBEER BULLIT AND HUCKED IT OFF TEH GRAND CANYON.
AND TO THINK I DOUBTED THAT RUMOR. I'M BUYING ONE NOW FOR SURE.

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
I saw an ad in MBA about a Hanebrink fork, it's got like 48mm stanchions and it's adjustable travel from 5-8" on the fly. I'd totally put one on a hartail for erbon or for XC too.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
I'd say Stratos, I hear great things about the customer service

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Originally posted by ViolentVolante
well since everyone will have a biased opinion, ill tell you the right way to pick

Go down to a local horse racing track.
Get the horses out and with spraypaint, spray 888, FOX, WB, and Dorado onto different horses, whichever wins buy that fork :p
Best idea EVER!

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Originally posted by Zark
I'd say Stratos, I hear great things about the customer service
I say Marzocchi. I heard on MTBR if you take a hammer to the internals and then threaten the lives of anyone who questions your side of the story, they'll send you a free fork.

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
Buy american, anything named marxiocheyie must be french or something like that and everybody knows we don't like french stuff anymore so we call everything that was french freedom instead, freedom fries, freedom toast, freedom bikini. So yeah don't buy a freedom fork.

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
Got a guy selling a 01 monster t for 575. That's a deal if I've ever seen one.:think:

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Originally posted by binary visions
Dooood, it wuzn't the grand canyin it was Hoover Dam, this things get soooo blowd out of perportion....I wuz there bro, and inless you were I recamend you STFU!!!!! what's up now????Let's see you doo it:eviltongu

Craw

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Dudes my friend knows this guy that's making a fork that goes from 3 inches to 8 inches and only weighs 6 pounds. Seriously. My friend's like seen it and stuff. I think Gary Ellis is riding it or something..

My friend's cousin also said that the guy is making hoverboards. I saw a picture of them. It's like the ones they had in Back To The Future 2. This kid that lives down the street has one already too. His dad knew the guy..

Ice Bullit

Monkey
Mar 16, 2003
Seattle, WA
Originally posted by Kornphlake
Buy american, anything named marxiocheyie must be french or something like that and everybody knows we don't like french stuff anymore so we call everything that was french freedom instead, freedom fries, freedom toast, freedom bikini. So yeah don't buy a freedom fork.
They are Itallian... how dare you even compare them to the french.... :rolleyes:

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Originally posted by Craw
Dudes my friend knows this guy that's making a fork that goes from 3 inches to 8 inches and only weighs 6 pounds. Seriously. My friend's like seen it and stuff. I think Gary Ellis is riding it or something..

My friend's cousin also said that the guy is making hoverboards. I saw a picture of them. It's like the ones they had in Back To The Future 2. This kid that lives down the street has one already too. His dad knew the guy..
and I thought the Fox fork took forever to debug, that hoverboard has been in prototype phases for like 15 years now. when are they due on the market???

BTW should we move this thread over to pinkbike, I think it might go over better over there...

Bulldog

Turbo Monkey
Sep 11, 2001
Wisconsin
Lexx D said:
Got a guy selling a 01 monster t for 575. That's a deal if I've ever seen one.:think:
That's a joke, right? I sold my '01 Monster in '02 or so for $525'ish. That's 2 years less abuse/use.

btw- I don't think MMike buys used either. ;)

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Bought a shiver DC for $350 in great condition. I just put new seals in it and it's going strong.