Quantcast

What did you do on your lunch hour today??

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Me - I went for a really nice walk in downtown Hartford, stopped at the bank to deposit a check, had a sammich and an iced coffee and did some people watching. Saw three bike messengers out riding around the downtown streets. I wonder how much those dudes make? :think: They all had very simple yet cool bike set ups too. :thumb:

It is kind of cool to be able to go for a walk and get so much done at lunch and to burn off a few calories while doing it.

What did the rest of you Monkeys do?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Wow, I never thought to take lunch at 10:00, but that would make for a long afternoon.

I go to the gym MWF, but today I will walk a bit since it's very nice outside.

bean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Boulder
I got hungry and ate my lunch for breakfast. I think I'll go up into Eldorado Canyon or one of the other parks and draw. Working at the base of the canyon FTW!

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
Me - I went for a really nice walk in downtown Hartford, stopped at the bank to deposit a check, had a sammich and an iced coffee and did some people watching. Saw three bike messengers out riding around the downtown streets. I wonder how much those dudes make? :think: They all had very simple yet cool bike set ups too. :thumb:

It is kind of cool to be able to go for a walk and get so much done at lunch and to burn off a few calories while doing it.

What did the rest of you Monkeys do?

I used to love walking around downtown hartford for my lunch. I used to get iced coffees and xandos (old zuzus I guess it's not there anymore) and envy the messengers on the nice days. I don't think it would be fun to be a messenger in Hartford in Jan or Aug.

today i biked to work so i'm just planning on meeting up w/ a friend for a coffee and a walk down by the lake.

wannabeabonedoc

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Wytheville Virginia
I sat on my duff and watched an episode of drop-in on riptv. Steve Romanisomethingorother is a good rider, but he get's obnoxious after about 30 seconds... I'm sure I do too. Other than that I tried to take a nap but didnt happen.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
My favorite Vegetarian place was closed, since it is a long drive from work I drove around trying to find something else to eat on the way back. Found a Thai food place that I will not visit a second time...:plthumbsdown:

On a side note: Attention America - Salads do not HAVE TO come with meat!

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
so are you a sudo(sp) vegetarian?
No, I do not eat meat; so I am a vegetarian.

Actually when at home I eat a Vegan diet, but I travel for work - so that is next to impossible to maintain. So when I can't manage Vegan, I "cheat" and go Vegetarian.

For me it has nothing to do with the politics of animal care.

Red Rabbit

Picky Pooper
Jan 27, 2007
Colorado
No, I do not eat meat; so I am a vegetarian.

Actually when at home I eat a Vegan diet, but I travel for work - so that is next to impossible to maintain. So when I can't manage Vegan, I "cheat" and go Vegetarian.

For me it has nothing to do with the politics of animal care.
Ah, kk, I don't think I could go a day without some sort of animal product.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
So we had our monthly map "tech talk" lunch.
In & Out burgers and discussion of fonts is a weird combination.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Went to Wild Noodles. I had the Mongolian noodles with chicken. I had to pay $1 with the coupon. It was pretty good.

renorider40

Monkey
Aug 22, 2005
i went with some friends to wendy's and scarfed down a burger chicken nuggets and a rootbeer float. But i'm sick of fast food, though i don't have much of a choice since our school lunch is only 30 min long.