Quantcast

what do we have here?

'size

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2007
AZ

http://urbanvelo.org/vp-pedals-at-nahbs/

"Freerider is an ultra-thin pedal designed for off-road and trick riding. It features a forged body, large platform and an array of pins that allow you to customize the grip. Although it looks like it couldn’t handle much abuse, let alone the forces associated with freeriding, VP says that it uses a proprietary axle and two bearings per pedal—one to handle radial loads, and one to handle thrust loads.

Pricing info has yet to be determined, but VP assures me it, “It wont be stupidly expensive.” Visit www.vp-usa.com for more info."

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
I do suffer from a lack of pins and too much platform when tricj riding. Thank god these have arrived.

In all seriousness more choice isn't a bad thing so if these come with a decent axle at the usual VP price they'll be a great choice

ROTFLMAO

Monkey
Nov 17, 2007
Maumee, Ohio
Isn't urbanvelo a fixie site? When they say "freeriding" and "stunta trixors" are they talking about doing 180s on your steel urban fixie or are they talking bombing moar rox and huxordeegnar?

If the bearings and axle can hold up to DH abuse this could be an interesting product.

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
what do we have here? the answer to "How do we make it so hipsters need skin grafts on their shins and calves?"
The answer to "how to entertain the rest of us when they sink these into their argyle socks while doing MAD FIXIE TRICKZORS"

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Isn't urbanvelo a fixie site? When they say "freeriding" and "stunta trixors" are they talking about doing 180s on your steel urban fixie or are they talking bombing moar rox and huxordeegnar?

If the bearings and axle can hold up to DH abuse this could be an interesting product.
It is a fixie print mag/site - Jeff the owner is a bud of mine and they really are into that fixie lifestyle gig...the pedal looks like it would work for whatever though...nice option

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
That's some scary loading on the bearing. I'd be afraid of simply tearing the inner race out on those. That failure mode isn't uncommon even under normal loads.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
That's some scary loading on the bearing. I'd be afraid of simply tearing the inner race out on those. That failure mode isn't uncommon even under normal loads.
:stupid:

That's the first thing that came to my mind too. I can't see an obvious work around for it either. Maybe they've thought of something though, I'd hope they've given it more thought than I have.