Quantcast

What do you think of a January Wedding (in VA)

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
So, we're looking at wedding dates, and looking at Next January. People are saying don't do it because it might get snowed out. Well, it's been 70 deg this last week, and I can't remember the last time somthing around here was "snowed out" especially in January.

What are your thoughts?

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
We're getting married in February. Yeah, January has some risks, but so what?

You support your bride-to-be, agree to pretty much everything :) if she wants January, that's when you're getting married :p

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
We're getting married in February. Yeah, January has some risks, but so what?

You support your bride-to-be, agree to pretty much everything :) if she wants January, that's when you're getting married :p

Thanks Opie :)

We both kinda want January, but others say its not such a good idea. I say if it snows, if people want to get here, they can get here!

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Where in VA would you do this?
This winter, according to the locals, is odd.
I moved here one year ago next week, and it was raining and nasty outside.

Then again, I'm tubby, I like the cold.
Just make sure you have a back up plan to outside, that will be a day saver.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Yes, this winter is DEFINANTLY odd, but normally its raining right now, not snowing. And we are not planning on having it outside, it will all be inside :)

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Yes, this winter is DEFINANTLY odd, but normally its raining right now, not snowing. And we are not planning on having it outside, it will all be inside :)
What kind of building would you be having it in? If it's in a banquet hall with few to no windows then you could get away with it. The big problem with rainy wether is the gloomyness of it all, works out at a funeral, not quite the feeling I would want at a wedding. Especially with the bare trees and all.

But you have to remember the important people involved with the wedding, from most to least impourtant.

Her
Her Parents
Your Parents

somewhat less important, you

even less important, your and here close freinds

and who gives a sh1t what everyone else involved thinks.

So if you and her like the idea of a January wedding and can sell the parents on it, then do whatever you want.

kizzi77

Monkey
Aug 11, 2005
nashvegas
I think January weddings are fine. If it snows...then it's pretty, but you more than likely won't be worried about it.

Yesterday's weather for burly and I's wedding was 68 and partly sunny in the mountains. But is might be winterymix tonight, so you never know.

Like everyone else says, pick a day YOU want!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I'm going to a wedding this weekend, I thought it was a great idea. Summer months can be super busy and hard for people to attend. I got nothing going on in january. Won't sweat my ass off in a suit either.

VT Mtbkr

Monkey
Oct 3, 2003
Richmond, Virginia
More likely to have an ice storm or torrential rain this time of year. I don't see snow as being a determining factor unless you are inviting important out of town guests from other more snow prone areas.

IMHO I would pick March or late October....hopefully enough time to heal from injuries and a better chance of warmer weather.

kizzi77

Monkey
Aug 11, 2005
nashvegas
So between your birthday and the Bears' victory, you two went nuts?
It was a busy day for sure. Ended with a friend head-butting a light at a bar. Blood everywhere. All of us ran out a different door. So we can't go back there for a little while. Just luckily it wasn't jason. But that's just because we weren't to the drinking liquor stage yet.. HA!

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Won't sweat my ass off in a suit either.

MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY!

More likely to have an ice storm or torrential rain this time of year. I don't see snow as being a determining factor unless you are inviting important out of town guests from other more snow prone areas.

IMHO I would pick March or late October....hopefully enough time to heal from injuries and a better chance of warmer weather.
Yeah, I figure the worst will be rain. But...... most (and most means 95%) of the guests will have a 2 hourish drive. Some coming down from Maryland, some from Roanoke. Also, there will be planes involved for some people.

And March or October won't work because of that pesky school thing she's doing, I should put a stop to that :D

Plus, here in the good ol' capital of the souf, In Spring or Fall we have the chance of a hurricane, torrential downpours that cause flooding, fires, tornados, hell, i've even been through a small earthquake here! I think we've had everthing possible besides a tidal wave in the past 5 years i've been here, so I don't think a little snow or ice will hurt anyone ;)

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
yeah, hurricane season is unpredictable, but when was the last time there was one during winter?

Bingo!

Hell, the last time I can remember an ice storm here is 1997....... I mean, the place shuts down if there is 1/2" of snow on the ground, but thats because people don't know how to drive :rolleyes: I think it will be OK.

So now the big choice is, the 6th, or the 13th? I say the 13th, because then we could have our anniversary on Friday the 13th :D But if we do it the 6th, we can take a 10 day cruise right afterward and have plenty of time for her to get back and do the grad school thing.

Cooter Brown

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2002
Snow Hall, tweakin on math
count yourself lucky and be glad that you asked us. Don't do it, don't do it at all. In the rain in the snow, it will end up to blow. In the sun, in the sand, you'll still have to use your hand. At the beach, at the moor, hire three cheap, stupid whores. When you're on the lift, slip her a mick, push her off and make it quick.

Good luck with that one