Quantcast

What events are you thinking of riding?

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
I'm thinking of several in Colorado, of course.

But outside of CO:
-- NM, Sante Fe century, May 15
-- SD, Mount Rushmore century, August ?
-- UT, Skinny Tire Fest, Moab, October ?

How about you?

J

JRB

Ft Davis Cyclefest and Smokin Spokes in Salado(100 miles)

Another ride in Big Bend in late March. It will be next year before I go out of state for any.

Olyroller

Monkey
Feb 8, 2002
Olympia, WA USA
I'll be racing the track at Marymoor in Seattle after a 20 year absence. Being 50 now, HOLY CARP !! I'll be racing in the old has been wantabe's. But racing none the less.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Serial Midget said:
I am planning on Seattle to Portland. :)
Okay, I've been looking... someone mentioned this last summer, ~200 miles, mostly flat and a boat load of fun It's an organized event, right? If so, what's it called?

loco said:
Ft Davis Cyclefest and Smokin Spokes in Salado(100 miles)
Is this gonna be your first century?

Olyroller said:
I'll be racing the track at Marymoor in Seattle after a 20 year absence. Being 50 now, HOLY CARP !! I'll be racing in the old has been wantabe's. But racing none the less.
Damn you're old! :D I'd like to race, but it seems pointless to come in last every time.

wooglin

Monkey
Apr 4, 2002
SC
LordOpie said:
Okay, I've been looking... someone mentioned this last summer, ~200 miles, mostly flat and a boat load of fun It's an organized event, right? If so, what's it called?
http://www.cascade.org/EandR/stp/index.cfm

Here's another interesting link I stumbled across the other day. Its by no means complete of course, but its the most comprehensive I've ever seen. Good effort, and useful information.

http://www.bikecenturies.com/

J

JRB

LordOpie said:
Is this gonna be your first century?

Damn you're old! :D I'd like to race, but it seems pointless to come in last every time.
First century, yes. I would come in last and I scared to go fast on my road bike anyway.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
LordOpie said:
The STP is a 2 day event that most people do for fun, you have to have reservations a year in advance for a room in Centralia which is the 1/2 way point. ummbikes (dumbikes) lives there so I will camp in his front yard. Or... my plan is to do it all on Sunday in about 12 hours.

I have great training using Highway 101 from Grays Harbor to Forks and back, that is about 220 miles round trip from my front door. I have actually started training since the weather here has been very mild.

ummbikes

Don't mess with the Santas
Apr 16, 2002
Napavine, Warshington
Serial Midget said:
The STP is a 2 day event that most people do for fun, you have to have reservations a year in advance for a room in Centralia which is the 1/2 way point. ummbikes (dumbikes) lives there so I will camp in his front yard. Or... my plan is to do it all on Sunday in about 12 hours.

I have great training using Highway 101 from Grays Harbor to Forks and back, that is about 220 miles round trip from my front door. I have actually started training since the weather here has been very mild.

There is a big fee for my front yard.:evil:

I actually have over acre, we are on the Skookumchuck river feel free to camp out. I may even let you in the house for shower and a hot meal.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
ummbikes said:
There is a big fee for my front yard.:evil:

I actually have over acre, we are on the Skookumchuck river feel free to camp out. I may even let you in the house for shower and a hot meal.
Oh... looks like you moved while I was selling shoes... going to work just doesn't pay. :monkey:

cliffster5

In dog years I'm dead
Aug 23, 2001
Salinas, CA
I'm looking to do about 6-8 centuries pending the family schedule. I'm gonna try to actually work a few centuries as a volunteer this year, something I've always wanted to do (as long as there's a crew ride doing the course the weekend before). Every year I try to throw in one super challenging event. Last year it was the Sea Otter weekend where I did the 50 mile epic mtb ride (I only registered 42 miles on my odometer) on Saturday and then got up the next day to do the 100 mile road century. I was kind of a slow moving hurting unit on Monday at work the day after but I felt good about my form. I've actually logged more miles this year (and more structured, purposeful miles including riding to some tough Spinerval DVDs on the rollers at least once a week) so I'm interested to see what kind of aerobic engine I'm laying down here come the first century in April. The other two events I'm kicking around in my head are a return to two rides done in the past: 24 hrs. of Adrenaline @ Laguna Seca in May, and (the epic of all CA double centuries imo) the Terrible Two in late June. I've never had to reach down so deep on a ride as I had to do the last time I did this ride about 5 years ago. It's not just the 16,000 ft. of climb, it's the 20+% grades all over the fricken course!