Quantcast

What ever happened to Pistol Pete Loncarevich?

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
I was just browsing through one of my older mountain bike magazines and came across some stuff on the Pistol. Which got me thinking, what happened to him. It's like he dissapeared from the face of the planet. :confused: :confused:

JeffD

Monkey
Mar 23, 2002
Macon, GA
A few years ago Pistol got into some sort of martial arts and captained some rollerblade halftime-type show team (no joke).

Toby bought the Intense' BMX piece and owned/operated the exclusive vendor of the ABA series last year, which just bailed, so who knows right this moment.

Any other old names? Hmm...Miles Rockwell uh, well, you know...

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
I knew the Pistol was a pretty good jiujitsu fighter. Maybe he's doing some underground Japanese martial arts fighting like in Blood Sport.

He used to be one of my favorite riders when I first got into the sport and downhill.

Craw

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Originally posted by Inclag
I knew the Pistol was a pretty good jiujitsu fighter. Maybe he's doing some underground Japanese martial arts fighting like in Blood Sport.

He used to be one of my favorite riders when I first got into the sport and downhill.
That would be rad if he fought in something like the Kumite. I would like to see a good Chong-Li, Pistol Pete fight.

crashing_sux

Monkey
Jul 17, 2002
Vancouver, WA
I saw Pete in either a UFC or PRIDE fighting tournament, can't remember which. He didn't do so well but just making it to one of those is nothing to scoff at.

Isn't Toby Henderson doing T.H.E. (Toby Henderson Enterprises) stuff now?

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
I was good friends with Pete for awhile. He owns his own Jujitsu Dojo and was participating in UFC as well as PRIDE fights. (no joke i saw the videos, nasty).

He also took over managing a freestyle scooter team, not rollerblade, just as weird.

I have sort of lost touch over the last few years, but I still see him online from time to time.

Toby just bought the Intense Tire line as well, and will be at all the nationals i believe (he was at otter)

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Originally posted by crashing_sux
I saw Pete in either a UFC or PRIDE fighting tournament, can't remember which. He didn't do so well but just making it to one of those is nothing to scoff at.

Isn't Toby Henderson doing T.H.E. (Toby Henderson Enterprises) stuff now?
Yeah, but I was wondering about him doing any kind of riding, kinda like how Palm did...

dlb

Monkey
Apr 15, 2004
socal
I think that Pete took over a family bisness doing some sort of flooring. He did study under the Gracie's (not sure if thats spelled right) fighting style, one reason he was/is good. He really could have shined as a DH'er but let the mental pressures get to him to much, like worring about what tire or gearing to use instead of just kicking arse.

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
Originally posted by dlb
He really could have shined as a DH'er but let the mental pressures get to him to much, like worring about what tire or gearing to use instead of just kicking arse.
lol, I like that!

Hulkamaniac

Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
Germantown, MD
Actually, Derin Stockton is running the Santa Cruz Syndicate along with Kathy Sessler.........only know this cause I saw the registration info for the team for the Snowshoe NCS a few days ago.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
I remember looking at Pistol Pete at a National one time, and thinking he is the kind of dude that you just don't mess with.
Hey, turns out I was right.
He was a nice guy though.
He just reminded me of one of those dudes in that gang from Point Break. The one when Anthony Kiedis said "That would be a waste of time.";)

JeffD

Monkey
Mar 23, 2002
Macon, GA
Originally posted by smedford
I remember Pistol from my BMX days back in the 80's. I think he rode for diamondback and had his own line of seatposts or handlebars.
That was early on. In the mid-80s he rode for Haro, was jacked to the gills and won everything for a few years.

Ridge_Rider

Chimp
Apr 12, 2002
East Coast
Originally posted by smedford
I remember Pistol from my BMX days back in the 80's. I think he rode for diamondback and had his own line of seatposts or handlebars.
He actually rode for CW in his early days - he even had his own signature model the "CW Pistol Pete" before switching over to Haro in the late 80's.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
..one of the first "how-to" articles I ever saw was Toby Henderson showing how to do a tabletop jump on a bmx bike. BMX Action like '82 or something.

I don't remember anything from school that year but I can still see that article in my head.

Drunkcyclist.com occasionally has gonzo-style emails from someone calling themselves pistol pete, not sure if it's the same guy.

JohnnyBoyDH

Monkey
Aug 6, 2003
Burlington, Ontario, Canada
Pete always looked bad ass at the races....big ass dude with tats and a big ass rotti dog. SUPER nice guy though.

I'll throw in some names: Francois Gachet, Bruno Zanchi, Phillipe Parakis, Jimmy Kight, Jimmy Deaton, Casey Kunsleman(sp?)

Enginerd A2

crappy
Feb 20, 2002
Ann Arbor, MI
I have (somewhere) a Dos Equis XX/Barracuda team t-shirt autographed by Jimmy Kight, Jurgen Beneke, and Eric Carter. I got waaayyyy back when there was a Norba national in Traverse City, Michigan. I was about 14 and attending this event was probably the coolest thing ever up to that point.

JeffD

Monkey
Mar 23, 2002
Macon, GA
Originally posted by WestCoastHucker
terry tennette, charles townsend, stu thompson, gary ellis
Townsend's selling cars in Sacramento. Tenette still races A pro once ina while. Stu's a sherriff and I heard Ellis has a UPS route in WA.