Quantcast

What forum is N. Nevada in?

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Which section of this damn site is N. Nevada hidden in? I grew up there, and there was some great DH in and around the Reno/Tahoe area that was not N*.

Anyone riding the other side of the hill these days? I am going to be back in town for the latter half of July, and while I will be spending a few days up at the *, I won't have a car most of the time, so anyone in or around Reno would be my new best friend.

mudanoman

Chimp
Mar 18, 2002
Bay Area
Is Mount Rose open for riding? The collegiate race they held there last year was sick. I also saw a couple pictures of some larger gaps and a skatepark in some mag, but have never had a chance to find out where they are. Cheers, Ivan

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
There is a pretty good DH at Sky Tavern, which is down the road from Mt Rose. There is also the "N" Trail, which was built by UNR, not all that long or technical, but good for after work sessions.

Anyone around in town want to get some time in?

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
I might be interested in checking out some DH trails around that area. I could probably help you out with a ride too.

hacksaw

Monkey
Feb 22, 2004
775 ,Northern Nevada
Ummmm
Lets see there is Sky Tavern and on the other side of the pass is the Two Incline trails , then the meadows to washoe valley is riding, umm also there is The N trail on Peavine and Geiger Grade ( this is the trail they call karpiel but he didn't build it so it is known as geiger grade) .Then you have things like Mira Loma SK8 park or Burgess SK8 Park and a host of others.Then there are Dirt Jumps by the river in Sparks (East McCarran Bridge to the east) there is Bermuda behind Costco and Sandy's (but i'm not telling you where those are)(KidWoo might thou) and if you are really adventerous go ride Street reno and Sparks has tons of rad places to get your urban on ....any questions email me I gotta lock on NorNev....Hacksaw

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Is this Hacksaw Jim? I know you via a mutual friend, Lindsay. She's been telling me I need to ride with you for years now. Let's hook up when I'm there, I'm bringing my full squish bike and my freeride bike, and I am picking up a jump bike while I am there.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
Oh yea, I might be in town towards the end of the month to pick up a truck. So if you're still around there I wouldn't mind getting some riding in

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
I am going to be there from the 18th to the 3rd, July to August respectively. PM me and let me know when and where you'd want to hook up.