Quantcast

What happened to format?

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
The forums no longer stretch to fill your browser. Please undo that if it was intentional!

Autoadjusting/stretching to fill the window makes the experience nicer, rather than an isolated 1024x768 based page that floats in the middle of white space.

Thanks!

DirtyDog

Gang probed by the Golden Banana
Aug 2, 2005
I'm just messing with stuff. We will likely go to a fixed width though as formatting pages for new feature we have coming up is difficult when we can't control the page layout.

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
I like it, it provides me with the consistency I need in life

ultraNoob

Yoshinoya Destroyer
Jan 20, 2007
Hills of Paradise
The forums no longer stretch to fill your browser. Please undo that if it was intentional!

Autoadjusting/stretching to fill the window makes the experience nicer, rather than an isolated 1024x768 based page that floats in the middle of white space.

Thanks!
Just go with it dude.... at least it isn't bright pink with yellow borders.

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
When there are large pics, it doesn't resize them to fit the fixed width...is it supposed to be like that?

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
When there are large pics, it doesn't resize them to fit the fixed width...is it supposed to be like that?
From what I can tell when Bikemojo switched to this layout the pics don't resize, but it is nice because then the pics don't screw with every other post.

It would be nice if they would make it wider, though.

Last edited:

DirtyDog

Aug 2, 2005
With a lot of pics being remotely linked, we don't have control over the size.

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Ah, I see.....that was my underlying questions was whether or not you can force images to be the chosen width

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
I've been on vB websites where all image files are restricted to a standard size but if you click on a header above the image it will show at it's original resolution.

Is that a vB option?

DirtyDog

Aug 2, 2005
I've been on vB websites where all image files are restricted to a standard size but if you click on a header above the image it will show at it's original resolution.

Is that a vB option?
You mean it even does that for remotely linked photos? Can you show me an example?

DirtyDog

Aug 2, 2005
did u figure it out?
Sorry I've been doing 29 jobs lately. The kind of image resizing you are referring to would be cool, but ultimately our solution of expanding the side of the post for larger photos is a simple solution that works fine.

DirtyDog

Aug 2, 2005
It's me. I expired, but can't seem to renew. Please show me some love.

Ridemonkey.com does not have any paid subscriptions available to which you can subscribe.
Aha. Give me a day or two to look into that.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Sorry I've been doing 29 jobs lately. The kind of image resizing you are referring to would be cool, but ultimately our solution of expanding the side of the post for larger photos is a simple solution that works fine.
Check out the third post by trainwreck:

http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=206498

It cuts off some of his post. I posted a large pic that did the same thing, and I was unable to get to the edit button...it would not let me scroll far enough to get to it.

DirtyDog

Aug 2, 2005
Well, use a real browser :D I don't know what can be done about that right now.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I've notced a few times when people post really big pics, their posts end up getting cut off. Their post expands to fit the picture size, but I can't scroll over far enough to see the whole post.

It may just be that IE sucks ass.