Quantcast

What Headset

Aug 25, 2011
West Milford, NJ, 'MERICA
Right now, well before my bike got stolen I had a FSA Big Fat Pig Reducer headset.

I am planning my build for my 2012 TR450. I personally dont necerssaily notice a difference in headsets. I get my stuff through the shop I am working for.. So cost really doesnt matter. We can get just about every brand so dont be shy as far as making suggestions

Anyways, what are some good headsets out there. Not sure what kind of stack to be looking for or the details. I know it is a 1.5 steer tube. I know Cane Creek and Chris King make good products, but not sure. Since it is my dream build I want it to be good.

Also will be needing a headset for my 2012 TOP dirtjumper. so suggestions there are good too

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
Hellafornia. Formerly stumptown.
Im running Candy Components headsets on both my dh/29'r and they are nice units. Maybe a little taller than some others but I'm real happy with build/quality. And on the 1.5 H/S comes with the reducers to run 1.5, 1.125 or taper.

Aug 25, 2011
Im running Candy Components headsets on both my dh/29'r and they are nice units. Maybe a little taller than some others but I'm real happy with build/quality. And on the 1.5 H/S comes with the reducers to run 1.5, 1.125 or taper.

They do look really cool. I have had a good expierence with Candy and know them well. Dealth with them and they have great service. Sent me a set of free bars just for supporting them. I will look into them. The red would go nice with the Red kit I am going for. Would you recomend a High stack?

Aug 25, 2011
Between high stacks/low stacks I'm not technical enough of a rider to tell the difference. I tend to just run things and if they feel/work good stay with it.
Same here. Exactly the Same. I am not technical to see the difference. Just seeing if maybe anyone notices a different. My TOP is going with the Black and Green design. I just got my 2012 Candy Bars in Green for it. Going with green for the TOP. Cant wait I love DJ and DH. and you have turned me onto getting a complete Candy Kit for my DJ

Eli.

Chimp
Aug 14, 2011
Cane Creek or Chris King. Best headsets made, and made in the US. Running anything else is sacrilegious.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
The headset is the most important part of your bike to win the WC, Nothin short of a Ti chris king will let you win...

But seriously, who cares? Get something cheap, its a triple crown and your massive body weight of 85 pounds with gear could probably get away with a glass headset anyway, save your money for the derailurs you break. What does a chris king do that a 30 dollar Cane creek doesnt.

The answer is creak

MM_Freak

Chimp
Oct 28, 2008
Western Mass.

I love everything I've got from the crew at Candy Components. Been putting the Flapjack pedals through hell this year and they are holding up better than I could have imagined. As for the headset I was going to run one on a Mushasi this year but kidney issues have kept me out of the DH scene so I can't comment directly. I'd expect the same high standards and quality that I can see in my Candy pedals, direct mount stem and handle bars.

Awesome build on the Musashi too! Those are some sexy bikes.