Quantcast

What is Hot and Not Hot for 2010

Stan_Ireland

Chimp
Jul 25, 2008
Hot:

Staying injury free for the 2010 season.
Night spins in the muck
Flat wide bars
Enduro downhill races
Riding downhill with your dog
Trailbuilding
Uplift days
Steep twisty tracks

Not:

Those stupid TLD pyjamas
Flat pedally dh tracks

Racerx7734

Monkey
Mar 4, 2002
Hostile Sausage
seriously dude, did you think about what you wrote? you're gonna bash 80s color schemes and then pimp e13 for making ano chainrings? Bash TLD's aweful design scheme and then leg-hump the helmet that is the epitome of awful graphics? what?
Sure did......
80's colors like hot pink, purple, green and yellow....COLORWAYS is not just chainrings.
TLD D3 because the helmet looks at fits awesome.............but the paint scheme sucks IMO...........are we not allowed our opinions now?........has Obama taken over the forum too......

Oh and coloways, colorways, colorways...............my dad can beat up your dad and all that stuff.

Last edited:

MarkDH

Monkey
Sep 23, 2004
Scotland
Hot:
Buying or banging on about rear shocks from more and more obscure suspension companies.
Saying your broken collarbone was caused by your Leatt and would never have happened if you'd been wearing the Alpinestars.
Taking head angles into the high 50s.
Ditching your old frame that was the MF bomb 2-3 years ago, buying something new cos 'things have progressed', and then riding the same courses with your new bike, with no difference in your run times.
Taking the next logical step in flat bill cap one-upmanship, the riser bill.

Don't concern yourself with the 'Not', just keep looking fabulous and all will be well.

cesar_rojo

Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
Hahaha! Cesar is indeed happy ;)

I will say mine

HOT:
Riding with friends, XC, enduro, track, DH,...
Whistler/Schladming
Spikes on mud
Improving/learning
Working
Constructive critiques
Those new michelin tires
Clip pedals

NOT HOT
Injuries
Not being able to ride for a few days
People that thinks they are over the others
Censored opinions
Riding dh with no pads

cesar will be happy :)

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Hot:
Ditching your old frame that was the MF bomb 2-3 years ago, buying something new cos 'things have progressed', and then riding the same courses with your new bike, with no difference in your run times.
awesome, prob happens to all of us at one point or another.

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
Got the latest and greatest after I thought my old steed was done and retired, and it was measurably slower. Breathed some life back into old beast and finally getting back to my old self on the bike. Funny how an arguably dated design is just FASTER.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Got the latest and greatest after I thought my old steed was done and retired, and it was measurably slower. Breathed some life back into old beast and finally getting back to my old self on the bike. Funny how an arguably dated design is just FASTER.
yep you can never debate that it's mostly rider...bikes help, but we all know the real story...

again i re-iterate...when it's dark and cold outside i really do enjoy geeking it out about components though...that said i am going out for a ride on my single speed, 2004 fox 36 outfitted rig tomorrow, cheers to riding bikes...

Nov 29, 2005
South Boston kid guy
Hot

DH/DH racing in the Northeast - the abundance of venues, races and people like Dan putting it together

Aaron and Neko rippin it up in 2010

photographers spending the day snappin photos at races even in crappy weather and pissing rain

World cup at Windham

oh and camping at races

Giant making a quality DH frame that you can pick up for 1500 is pretty damn hot

POC body armor looks sick

Not

people whining about other peoples bike color schemes... its their bike that they worked for - get over it

having two 35 mm bolts holding your shoulder together and sitting in a sling all winter

Last edited:

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Night riding in "refrigerator temps" is as good as it gets IMO....
cmon, really? As good as it gets? We do it here to and it makes you feel like a bada$$ but 'as good as it gets'...Go ride random whistler 'xc' trails or the fine am gems in utah and then you can talk about as good as it gets.;)

Patan-DH

Monkey
Jun 9, 2007
Patagonia
Hot: New tires in the market
Elka shocks
Mondraker Sumunn
Superco silencer

No hot: World economy
Frame prices not going down
Goodridge lines
Pivotal seats

Delimeat

Monkey
Feb 3, 2009
Canada
Hot: New tires in the market
Elka shocks
Mondraker Sumunn
Superco silencer

No hot: World economy
Frame prices not going down
Goodridge lines
Pivotal seats

Why the Goodridge hate? Just wondering, I put mine on simply for the extra reliability factor: no more damaged lines when I'm on the road ect.. I've been happy w/ them so far.

Cabdoctor

Monkey
Mar 25, 2008
Sacramento
Hot:
Superco Silencer
TR-450
Dorados...Past and Present
Diverse shock with TI spring for under $400

Not:
Shimz
Prices of super slim pedals
Cannondale cutting their gravity line

^joachim^

Chimp
May 30, 2005
Hot:
Bos suspension
Matt black and polished silver parts
Hyper fast WC dh kids

Not:
White
Lightweigth parts that breaks when you touch them

Muttely

Monkey
Jan 26, 2009
Hot:

Caring more about riding your bike than making it look pretty

Ironhorse sundays, and their super cool riders who stick it out

Getting loose and sketchay.

Not:

People trying to make ridic heavy bikes stupid light

People not actually riding said bikes

Having to wait 8 months till a 3 week morzine bonanza

Jase76

Monkey
Aug 10, 2007
Australia
Hot::thumb:

Weighing every part before fitting it to your frame.
Ensuring your rotor bolts match the colour of your hubs, which then subsequently match your brake levers and seatpost collar.
Posting up on the internet about changing your derailleur.

Not::rant:

Riding with your mates on a summer day.
Being massively stoked after said rides.
Improving.

Interchangeable to suit your perspective, haha.

Salty4X

Monkey
Jun 17, 2006
Not: YOU!

Not: Your Bike!

Still Not: Having your dad do your fighting for you and defending your called out dad.
:weee:

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Hot - fork
Not - forks (when describing one front suspension unit)
the term 'forks' comes from moto where there are two fork legs and a set of triple clamps. Aything that splits into two or more segments can be called a fork and each segment can be called a fork leg, multiple segements can be called fork legs....or forks, for short. Although the term 'fork' may be most accurate it's not really a misnomer to refer to them fas orks. What do you call the doohicky on your bike that runs from grip-to-grip that your brake levers mount to?....handlebars or handlebar? Both are acceptable. stop picking nits.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
the term 'forks' comes from moto where there are two fork legs and a set of triple clamps. Aything that splits into two or more segments can be called a fork and each segment can be called a fork leg, multiple segements can be called fork legs....or forks, for short.
a think bikes also have two fork legs and a set of triple clamps too.

bad description

do you eat your dinner with your forks and spoon?

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
a think bikes also have two fork legs and a set of triple clamps too.

bad description

do you eat your dinner with your forks and spoon?
the vast majority of bicycles have single crown forks that are all one piece, or at least can't be disassembled by the end-user. Rightside-up DH fork lowers can also be removed as one-piece. Upside down forks, which make up a fraction of 1% of the market, are two distinct pieces.

Fork as an eating utensil is a different context. Are you familiar with the concept of contextual language?

P.T.W

Monkey
May 6, 2007
christchurch nz
HOT....... Big companys hiring young wippersnapers to ride their overhyped,viral marketed,vertical(lol)/rearward wheelpath hydro this floating that frames.

NOT....... Gramma nazi's and bitching about other peoples opinions.

Muerto

Chimp
Oct 30, 2009
Sweden
Hot
Morning training, i.e. going out att 6-7am to ride the nearest track before other daily duties. Awesome way to get the day started, eventhough it's just a 30 second ride. (Hopefully it'll be 27-28 seconds come race season...)

Not hot
Having parts break every other ride. Sometimes causing you to crash during race runs... :rant: