Quantcast

what is the meaning of brap (dont hit me)

mcA896

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2003
Cape Cod, MA
braap is the sound you make when you need that extra burst of speed or a little extra air coming off a jump. like a dirtbike sound.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
It's supposed to be the sound of a dirtbike getting on it. It has been around for years in the moto industry but Rock Shox popularized it with MTBers with a 2-page print advertisements for the "new" Psylo back a few years ago. It was a picture of a bike with a Psylo charging down a trail and in big letters across the top it said....

Braaaaaaaaahp

seems like ever since that fatefull day...blah blah blah.

got it!

SebringMGB

Monkey
Feb 6, 2004
Washington

THATS the definition of Brap...

*unrelated to the pic*

Dude whos name i dont know, in Earthed " i Came out the corner and brrrr brrrrrr Brrrrrr..... I was givin it a lot of throttle" funny ****... even pros gotta brapt now and then :)

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
Originally posted by S.G.D
BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP!

moto sounds make you go faster.

~SGD
True that!

It also helps if you pretend to rev a throttle while putzing around on the bike....BRRAAAAHHHHH-BRAH-BRA-BRAAA-BRAAAAAAAHHPPP!!

Oh yes, that picture up top is the best example of proper BRAAAAAPPPPage.

The Ito

Rafael-DH

Monkey
Nov 6, 2001
Brazil
here in brazil
we use to say BRAAAAAPPPP before a big jump or a very hard section
like a scary rockgarden
:)
but BRAAAAPPPP really makes u go faster!!
eheheh

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
Originally posted by SebringMGB

THATS the definition of Brap...

*unrelated to the pic*

Dude whos name i dont know, in Earthed " i Came out the corner and brrrr brrrrrr Brrrrrr..... I was givin it a lot of throttle" funny ****... even pros gotta brapt now and then :)
When you look at that pic...you can just 'feel' the BBBRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAP!

RogerH

Monkey
Jan 22, 2004
Sweden
Dude whos name i dont know, in Earthed " i Came out the corner and brrrr brrrrrr Brrrrrr..... I was givin it a lot of throttle" funny ****... even pros gotta brapt now and then :) [/B]

My buddy borrowed my dv-camera when he was up in Åre, and hung around when they where filming for nwd4.

It was funny, you could clearly hear Cedric Braaaaping when hitting this drop/gap: :)