Quantcast

what kind of 66?

renorider40

Monkey
Aug 22, 2005
so i've decided to get a 66, and i'll get it at the price of the distributor because i got a job in a shop. so now the question is which one?

dan wask

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2006
B-More Maryland
what kind of riding do you intend to do? If you work in a shop, shouldn't you be able to answer this question for yourself?

Lets say for instance I came into the shop you work at and I said " Hi, I'm looking for a freeride fork like the marz 66, what model should I be looking to get?" How the hell would you be able to help me get the fork I need?

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Dude... lay off.

You have no clue what shop he works for (They could be a road only shop that happens to service, occasionally, mountain bikes). You have no clue what his experience is. Maybe he got a job at a Performance to get his foot in-the-door into the industry. Or maybe he's just looking for opinions as far as what other riders have had good/bad experiences with because while he's tested Marz 66 forks for short rides, he has no personal experience on one of the 66 forks for longer than, say, an hour at a time.

Millions of reasons why you needn't be a fool why you should lighten up a little bit.

Racerx7734

Monkey
Mar 4, 2002
Hostile Sausage
My suggestion would be to first look at the new 55 series. Very stiff, light and up to 165mm of travel.

I have been on (3) 66's in the past 3 years on my Nomad and I really like the 08' 66RC3. The 07' 66RC2X is also really nice but I think the overall feel of the 08' has a much better feel on the small stuff, very plush and adjustable and will take anything you can dish up at N*. I really feel the same about the 08' 55 as well.

To be honest I really like the 06' 66RC series as far as a set and forget fork is concerned.

I have a 07' 66RC2X on my Nomad now and I'm looking to get into a 55, so if you are in Reno and want to try out the 07' 66 RC2X let me know. Also a very nice feeling fork.

Wil
Racerx7734@hotmail.com

Racerx7734

Monkey
Mar 4, 2002
Hostile Sausage
Dude... lay off.

You have no clue what shop he works for (They could be a road only shop that happens to service, occasionally, mountain bikes). You have no clue what his experience is. Maybe he got a job at a Performance to get his foot in-the-door into the industry. Or maybe he's just looking for opinions as far as what other riders have had good/bad experiences with because while he's tested Marz 66 forks for short rides, he has no personal experience on one of the 66 forks for longer than, say, an hour at a time.

Millions of reasons why you needn't be a fool why you should lighten up a little bit.
Well said.:clapping:

renorider40

Monkey
Aug 22, 2005
well if you came in i'd probably just tell you to beat it. but what ever.

ya gonna be doing mostly just freeride stuff, gonna be at northstar a lot this summer to though. weight isn't really an issue, which would be the biggest thing the air fork would have going. So i'm just looking for your personal experiences, wondering if there is any model that really just sticks out or one that i should avoid.

haven't gotten a chance to ride any long travel single crowns since the shop i work at doesn't stock big bikes. have ridden the 55 around a bit but i want a little more travel.

kona-ryder

Monkey
Jul 18, 2006
Above you on the podium.
What frame is this fork going to be put on?

Overall i'd say the RC3 is the sweetest riding 66 i've been on.
A friend has one on his Bottlerocket, and is it the best combination i've ridden.

RC3 for the win.