Quantcast

What kind of custom 24" wheel should i get built???

MtbikingKing

Chimp
Oct 25, 2004
Midcoast, ME
what 24" rims on what kinda hubs with what kinda nipples and spokes would be sweeet??? (for djing/urban) I was thinking bout the white halo rims on hope bulbs but dono what the difference is between the halo rims (combat/ SAS) ??

How do i post my pics by the way?????

B

bigkonarider

I have a 24"Trailpimp on Sun Abbah hub for Freeriding.on my Bullet
Pretty indestructable-but heavy as hell !
Thinking about a Singletrack 24" instead ?

V-Dub

Chimp
Aug 31, 2004
Salt Lake City, Utah
I run the Arrow FR rims, they hold up way better than Single Tracks or Rhyno Lites, and are still light. If you are running a big DH tire and doing stair gaps, then you might need something wider and stronger.

s1ngletrack

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Denver
I was pretty impressed with the 24" Singletrack that I rode on the rear of my Big Hit - I rode the piss out of it and it was still in great shape when I finally sold it.

kicknitLivE

Monkey
Jul 12, 2004
Boulder
The SAS have reinforced eylets that go all the way through the rim to the inner wall. These are designes to distribute spoke tension and make for a stronger wheel that will stay true longer and will be less likely to pop spoke heads. Get the Sas 36spoke front and 48spoke rear with dt 14gauge spokes laced to Bulb hubs. You'll have a wheelset for life. P.S. Sun rims are garbage(my experience) and you can't true arrow wheels cause they don't grind the huge weld off and it hits the truing feelers (they're like frankenstein rims). You have the right idea, the Brits do everything better anyways.

kicknitLivE

Monkey
Jul 12, 2004
Boulder
Oh yeah, don't use stupid alloy nipples in dumb colors. Get brass in black or silver. Alloy heads pop, they round out if you try to true them too. They suck.

FR4life.

Monkey
Nov 2, 2004
The Bay
Hope hubs (and almost all) dont come in 48 hole, so you couldnt use them with a halo rim. Im a very happy Mag 30 owner, they are relatively heavy, but if youre looking at halo's, it dosent seem like youre worried about weight.
I would highly Recommend Mag 30's. I have a big hit, so I run a 24" in the rear, and Ive stacked stuff extremely hard and no harm whatsoever has come to either my front or rear rim. For hubs, Id go for hadley if you can afford them. If not, DT Swiss/Onyx's are pretty nice as well

-Chris

firetoole

duch bag
Nov 19, 2004
Wooo Tulips!!!!
I just bought a set of bombshell fatdaddy 24" 36 holes they are as strang as my trailpimps were but tons lighter I realy like these wheels for urban park style