Quantcast

What Made You Pick Your Avatar?

Graphics

Turbo Monkey
Jul 9, 2006
Connecticut
ok...i find it funny how various people's avatars portrays a persona...whether it IS representative of that person or not...

so what made you pick you're avatar and does it represent your persona?

I'll start...

i like the way japanese anime looks (they definitely have a sex appeal to them) and i love photography so i intentionally looked for an anime chick with a camera. my non-christmas one was found complete...but the christmas one i had to photoshop a couple of images together.

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
I love japanese anime.
Teen Titans is my favorite mainstream cartoon, I even find the puffy ami yumi theme song tolerable.
Robin exemplifies drive, determination, skill, leadership, intelligence, and the pursuit of justice; even in the absence of any "super" powers.

I also considered the full metal alchemist, who symbolizes determination, skill, leadership, intelligence; but with tragic loss and sacrifice.

Squeaver

Monkey
Mar 1, 2006
Sanford, NC
well I can't remember what my first one was, and then my first christmas one I picked because I just wanted a simian with a crazy look on his face to MSPaint (no PS for me :( ) a santa hat onto. Then, this weekend at a Dollar Tree they had these hanging monkeys for $1, I picked a green one out just because I like the color green, then I realized, DUH!! Ridemonkey, so he became my avatar. Im not liking the lighting on him for this though, need to re try it sometime.

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
Well, since I'm mostly an accident waiting to happen...

Here was the first one. Yeah, that's me. Fortunately as an avatar it was too small to be incriminating.

Number two seemed to typify "I'm screwed" aspect. Always thought it had some nice dark humor qualities.

Which brings us to present- a train wreck, literally.

burly50

Where the hell is everyone?
May 13, 2006
Westtown, NY
Mine shows off my ability to take crappy "artistic" photographs. Plus, I was experimenting with DOF since I had just purchased my first 2.8.

I'm much more of a straight shooter than my avy projects. Now that the cat's out of the bag, I'll have to go back to taking crappy "straight" photographs.:disgust:

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
I love japanese anime.
Teen Titans is my favorite mainstream cartoon, I even find the puffy ami yumi theme song tolerable.
Robin exemplifies drive, determination, skill, leadership, intelligence, and the pursuit of justice; even in the absence of any "super" powers.

I also considered the full metal alchemist, who symbolizes determination, skill, leadership, intelligence; but with tragic loss and sacrifice.
Full Metal Alchemist?

You're officially the oldest 12 year old ever.

Graphics

Turbo Monkey
Jul 9, 2006
Connecticut
well this thread is shaping up nicely...minus Kidwoo who hasn't said sh!t about his but has a secret crush on Robin.

and GravityF...:disgust1: i liked your stronger side portrayed :biggrin: