Quantcast

What no official Mont Sainte Anne WC thread yet?

thad

Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
Gwin 3rd, Stevie Smith 7th. When was the last time there were two north americans in the top 10>

Zebulon

Chimp
Feb 3, 2009
Cardiff
Freecaster need to up their game seriously, excuses every round for this long just is not good enough anymore. At least the feed was almost problem free for the top 20 for me. Great finish to a really good race though really exciting, but it was spoiled by me constantly expecting the stream to drop.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Last americans for world cup podiums you are gonna have to go back to Colin Bailey at Durango world cup or Gary Houseman at Grouse...then some Voreis, Myles, etc....

If you wanna talk Ladies, we have had much more success. I don't have any data in front of me, but since mont saint anne is mountain bikings only true 'classic' it does serve to be noted that Gwin is the highest placing american male in the DH there....I think...Leigh Donovan of the USA won the womens race at MSA before but I think for american men, this is our best result ever at the classic track.

Sabrina, if she has a weekend like this in Bromont, she will have locked up the world cup DH title before the finals...and 2nd most winningest world cup rider in the history of the sport, surpassing missy giove, 17 wins I think.

Last edited:

dhjunke

Chimp
Oct 28, 2008
FYI< Doing a live feed isn't easy.

Unless they got big $$, Lots of limiting factors beyond freecasters control.

Unless it is to help sell more freecaster dvds :(

At least there is the replay.

Trekrules

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2007
Sick race but damm Blenkinsop wen't sky high on that jump:eek::eek::eek::shocked:,Gwin was realy awesome since he finished last year 10th and now 3rd:thumb:.Great to see Hill win again:thumb:

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Again, I'll say: It worked flawlessly for me.

Huge thanks to Freecaster who again have provided us with an amazing free service that no one else is doing.

Amazing race. CK's scrub, Blenki's airtime, Gwin's first WC podium, Peaty's 50th WC podium, Hill's insane rock section...

Fµck yeah.

Awesome racing.

FarkinRyan

Monkey
Dec 15, 2003
Pemberton, BC
FYI< Doing a live feed isn't easy.

Unless they got big $$, Lots of limiting factors beyond freecasters control.

Unless it is to help sell more freecaster dvds :(

At least there is the replay.
They've had 2 years now to figure out how to do a live feed. Being sh1t at it is a factor that's well within their control, they just don't seem able to control it.

Sam's pace through the rocks was just ridiculous! For a while there I thought Gwin was going to be top of the box, just didn't seem like anyone else in the top 20 had the pace to match him, definitely the breakout ride of the season in my books.

Also stoked on Barel, two races back from a serious injury and he's got a win and a podium. What a legend! Peats 50th podium is another pretty amazing feat from the big man, he's really racking up the records this season.

Probably the worst weekend Minnaar has had in approximately forever, such a shame for him although the overall is now blown wide f-in open. Going to be another absolutely cracking finish to the season. I love racing.

Last edited:

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Again, I'll say: It worked flawlessly for me.

Huge thanks to Freecaster who again have provided us with an amazing free service that no one else is doing.

Amazing race. CK's scrub, Blenki's airtime, Gwin's first WC podium, Peaty's 50th WC podium, Hill's insane rock section...

Fµck yeah.

Awesome racing.
Damo...you are in france?
You know if any of your euro buddies had issues? or work fine too? I know jack sh1t about the web, but maybe its some weird euro server issue for us stateside? although I think Oz had issues too?

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
Was the freecaster footage choppy the whole way? I hopped on for a few riders while at the Apple store and the footage was spotless, no glitches at all. Maybe it is not freecaster but a local bandwidth issue?

-ska todd

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Damo...you are in france?
You know if any of your euro buddies had issues? or work fine too? I know jack sh1t about the web, but maybe its some weird euro server issue for us stateside? although I think Oz had issues too?
I have no idea about anyone else over here I'm afraid...

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Was the freecaster footage choppy the whole way? I hopped on for a few riders while at the Apple store and the footage was spotless, no glitches at all. Maybe it is not freecaster but a local bandwidth issue?

-ska todd
entire event sucked for me, in so cal, verizon fiber optic....I am usually a 80% success rate with FC but this was worst one yet for me. I was on the litter chat and everyone there was having issues too (39 guys logged in).

I only post the details because I know the FC boys read in here.

Akula_7

Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
entire event sucked for me, in so cal, verizon fiber optic....I am usually a 80% success rate with FC but this was worst one yet for me. I was on the litter chat and everyone there was having issues too (39 guys logged in).

I only post the details because I know the FC boys read in here.
Must be an american issue, i'm in France and she ran smooth as a badgers bollix for me!

FarkinRyan

Monkey
Dec 15, 2003
Pemberton, BC
I'm in Canada and on the best connection I've ever had in my life (which isn't saying much as I've lived in Australia for 99% of it) and while the footage itself was smooth as hell, it was dropping out/freezing with frustrating regularity. Ended up just reloading the page between riders to make sure I got full runs, which worked perfectly as the final freeze before I shut it down happened just as Hill was being handed his Monster hat.

One of the less rubbish Freecaster experiences I've had, but rubbish nonetheless.

Kingswood

Chimp
Feb 27, 2005
Freecaster need to up their game seriously, excuses every round for this long just is not good enough anymore. At least the feed was almost problem free for the top 20 for me. Great finish to a really good race though really exciting, but it was spoiled by me constantly expecting the stream to drop.
Yeah, you should totally ask for your money back..... oh wait....

Sitting here in Oz, everything worked fine, no freezing, just kept the same window open without touching it.

I dont think it's freecasters fault.