Quantcast

What pads do you wear?

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
I need some new shin and/or knee pads.

I'm particular to knee pads that don't have plastic caps but love shins with plastic caps.

Do the duel, knee/shin pads stay in place well?

Thoughts/suggestions?

stino

Monkey
Jul 14, 2002
belgium
I've had TSG shinpads for ages - the long ones, with ankle protectors which imo is a must. It also has the additional benefits that the pads rest on your shoes so they stay in place nicely. Sometimes I combine this with kneepads from Triple8, got them a looong time ago when I was still inline skating. The Triple8s already stay in place well, so combination with the TSG is superb.
Another option would be those pads with shin and knee in one, several brands have those.

davemo7

Chimp
Dec 10, 2008
Davis
fox launch pads, there not the most comfortable at first, but once you wear them in you dont even notice, and taking a pedal full force to the shin feels like nothing.

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
i wear the super slim Shadow knee gaskets.

For DH, i use more substantial 661s, but i might switch to Pro-Tecs this year.

Stoked

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2004
LI, NY
the 1 pc knee/shin combo's tend to slide around. i had fox ones that always fell down. i would go with separates. i use the shadow industrial gasket and some karate shin pads haha. i've seen people use soccer shin guards too.

Mutt

Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Lost on Long Island
I have been real pleased for about two years now with the combo of team blowin it knees (no hard shell) and some shin pads (two straps only, plastic shell on front) which used to be part of a knee/shin combo (maybe fox) which I cut the knee part off.

this combo has fit nicely underneath jeans (mind you not tight jeans though) not been too hot and once I am riding, I forget they are there.