Quantcast

what rotor size goes on a manitou sherman flick plus?

crashdwn22

Chimp
Jan 3, 2007
Hey, I can't seem to find any info on what size rotors i can run on my manitou sherman flick plus. Cuz I know some forks can only take 203 or 160 or whatever. also, does manitou have any sort of a website? i feel like a company that makes products like this should have a website...unless i just can't find it...

cannondalejunky

ease dropper
Jun 19, 2005
Arkansas
i'm pretty sure you can run any size...i have a sherman firefly, and i can run any size...you just have to buy the appropriate adapter for it.

Timekiller

Monkey
Oct 9, 2006
NJ
Yup... the sherman line seems to have been lost in the manuals. Just call manitou about it, or send them an e-mail. So far the customer service has been extremely helpful on two occasions. They helped me get a 'ride kit' and also told me the oil level for my flick....

That reminds me I have to call them about the oil level on my breakout I just got.

crashdwn22

Chimp
Jan 3, 2007
another question...i can run saint rotors with avid bb7s calipers, right? the centerlock doesn't change the rotors' positioning, does it?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
You have to be sure the dimensions of the rotor are the same. If the dimensions are the same, then yes, you can run them.

The Manitou post mount is designed to take a 6" post-mount brake with no adapter. Any other size or if you want to run IS-mount brakes will require an adapter, your LBS should be able to hook you up with the correct one.