Quantcast

What should I do

C

crazybastard

I finally got my GT Ruckus I-drive in yesterday so I went for a ride in Santa Cruz Wilder Ranch. At begenning the bike felt very slugish and wierd but when I finally dialed in the preload and reload it anded up to be a prity goo sprinter and it has very crisp but soft handeling. I went on the same usual trail I went before and the experience was totaly different I was going way faster and getting more air and the whole ride was way more fun because the bike is so smooth.
So my final impression of the bike is way better than the original.
So if you looking for a good cheap fullsuspension bike I would really recommend because it is only 1800$.
The bikes specs are here:

Color: gunmetalGrey
Size M
Extra's Yeti hardcore grips, Alloy Seat Clamp, Clearcoat, Chainwheel Guard
Frame Ruckus i-DRIVE Design w/ 6" Rear Wheel Travel, 6061 Heat Treated Aluminum, CNC Machined Disc Dropouts, Disc Cable Guides, Replaceable Derailleur Hanger, Two-Way Chassis Positioning Chip, Thru-Hole Rear Axle w/ Dual-Mode Rear Axle
Rear Shock Fox Vanilla RC Coilover w/ Adjustable Rebound and Compression
Fork Fox V125R, Adjustable Rebound, 125mm Travel
Crankset Truvative Firex ISIS Spline Drive
will be upgraded to raceface

Specialized DH pedals
Front Derailleur Shimano Deore
Rear Derailleur Shimano LX
Shifters Shimano Deore
Freewheel Shimano HG, 11-32T
Rims Syncros Big Box Double Wall Alloy
Tires Tioga Factory XC Extreme, 26" x 2.3"
Front Hub Magura Julie Disc
Rear Hub Magura Julie Disc
Spokes 14g Stainless Steel
Front Brake Magura Julie Hydraulic Disc
Rear Brake Magura Julie Hydraulic Disc
Brake Levers Magura Hydraulic Levers
Handlebar Tioga DH
Stem Tioga DH
Headset Tioga TG-3
Saddle SDG Bel Air
Seat Post GT Alloy
What do you guys think would be the best next upgrade to do.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Dude, don't worry about upgrades. Ride the bike until YOU notice a deficiency somewhere, and correct it!

That said, best upgrades are always new tires. Depending on your style/conditions, you may want to upgrade to full DH tires, or go tubeless with what you have.

My 2 cents...but rubber will make the biggest changes in your riding, for a relatively small investment.

MD

LostBoyScout

Monkey
Jul 28, 2002
Vancouver BC
Sounds like a sweet bike, they sure do look good. I agree with not needing to upgrade right now. Wait until one of two things happens: A part breaks, or a part is just not performing well enough for what you're using it for (when it's time, it's obvious)

The only exception I really see to this rule, is if you find you want to lose some excess weight on the bike - but waiting is best.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Glad to help...

Also might consider seats if your wallet is burning...an appropriate seat can make all the diff. in the world. Then again, if you're not sitting on it much, don't worry! (I'd stay away from the huge DH seats if this is your only ride...)

Other things to consider are fit items...stem, bar, grips, maybe seatpost issues. As you ride the bike, note any changes you'd like in riding position, weight distribution, or steering. Then find cheap-*ss components on sale that fit your needs and get them when you can.

Laters,

MD