Quantcast

what should i expect?

NRSracer

Jamis Slayer
Sep 7, 2001
Baltimore
what should i expect at a race? my first race is coming up in august( the 18th) it's a six mile loop. i think i only have to race 1 lap

K

kitchenware

Originally posted by pat873401
what should i expect at a race? my first race is coming up in august( the 18th) it's a six mile loop. i think i only have to race 1 lap
6 miles? Now there's the race for me as long as I can ride for about an hour before it. I'm like the slowest person in the world to warm up.

That should be a blast, have fun!

jim

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
OK, expect a challenge, expect to be nervous, expect some bottlenecks oc the course where maybe there is a hill not everyone can ride, or a technical section people have to get off at. Expect to ride a little harder than you've ever ridden, expect to feel like you are out of breath a lot, expect to feel adrenaline rushes.

Expect to meet some cool people and have fun. Expect to finish tired yet happy.

monkeywrench

Chimp
Apr 25, 2002
San Diego
Expect to feel like sh!t for an hour and a half or so. But, after your done you'll forget all that and be ready for the next race.

Racing=:thumb: :thumb:

NRSracer

Jamis Slayer
Sep 7, 2001
Baltimore
i hope i have time/money to buy a new chain first, it snapped twice today :( and a new camelbak, which got a hole in it today:(

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Originally posted by The Toninator
get a new chain. if you cant get a new blatter at least you can run water bottles.
Yah, you ABSOLUTELY can't race without a chain while you can make do without a camelbak.

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
You'll ahve fun and you'll probly come close to last but that happened to me to now i'm up in the front all the time.

NRSracer

Jamis Slayer
Sep 7, 2001
Baltimore
it snapped AGAIN!!
do not buy a jamis dakar sport. the guy at the bike shop said that within the month that i had it, it must have cracked pretty much as soon as i got it. this time it snapped just above the disc brake mount, last time it snapped just above the derailleur mount(top chainstay both times)it wwas in the shop for about a week and a half of the time that i got it, so i could only ride it for about 3 weeks. now i have to pay $30 dollars again to ship it back to california, but at least jenson is going to give me my money back. i went back to the bike shop saturday (where i got it fixed) and i looked at giant frames. i think i will be getting the giant nrs frame, except that frame costs roughly $800, and i will only be getting 285 from jenson. if im lucky my parents will lend me the 500 plus assembly expenses and hopefuly i will have it by sunday(not very likely).

NRSracer

Jamis Slayer
Sep 7, 2001
Baltimore
nevermind about the new frame, im pickin up a whole new bike tomorrow. giant xtc nrs 3, changing the wheelset and putting on discs, otherwise it will be stock