Quantcast

what should I take to a potluck?

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
I'm meeting some Fiddler folk for their montly ho down and it's a pot luck. I'm not sure if they have access to a stove or oven so I don't know if I can bring food that needs to be reheated..

suggest on.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Fiddler? Blue grass music?

pork rinds?

Joking.

What about some quality wine, that's easy.

Coleslaw (i mean good stuff), cold quality chicken wings, napkins.

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
sounds like it's finger food style.. .so no plates/forks I recon..

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
Whatever you do, don't be that guy who brings the paper plates or the bottles of soda. :disgust1:
Yea, that would be lame to be that guy....:lighten:

I don't know this group of people having never met them or been to one of their meetings. I'm just going off what information I have been given as to how the meetings go. Plus, it's at the Masonic Temple and the last thing I want to do is offend the Masons....:monkey:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Finger foods are always a safe bet, but if it's a pot luck supper, there will be plates, etc. there.

Tomato Bacon Cups are relatively easy finger food (and they do have bacon in them so there definitely delicious).

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Any vegetarians? I'm all for bacon-wrapped everything but that might not fly with everyone. How about new-school, bit-sized pigs n' blankets? Get some pre-made puff pastry and use an assortment of sausages like chorizo, chicken apple, and a veggie option like cheese and/or asparagus or something. Bring a squeeze bottle of decent mustard and you're done. Or maybe mini focaccia sandwiches, with veggie options: roasted eggplant and pepper with goat cheese, roast beef with horseradish cream, turkey pesto, etc.

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
someone else suggest Pot Stickers and one suggested Cheesy Jalepeno corn bread muffins....both sound good as well. although, no bacon...:(