Quantcast

what to do with pork tenderloin?

I got a 20lbs pork tenderloin for 19$ (canadian!) the other day, and i've sliced it into 2 dozen steaks/cutlets/whatever, and individually wrapped and frozen them. So far i've just been montreal steak spicing them, and throwing them on the george foreman (i live in an apartment :( ). Anyone have any bright ideas as to what else I should do with these things?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
it's a great meat for dry spice rubs...one thing you can do is to season it lightly, heat an oven to 350, brown it on all sides in a pan, transfer the meat to the oven, throw in some onions/shallots in the pan, cook down, deglaze w/ some white wine and fresh squeezed lemon juice, and serve over pork when it's done cooking.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
sounds good as a roast, but i butchered mine into 1/2"-3/4" slabs, still doable?
Yup...should still work.

I have been meaning to try this recipe for Maple-Glazed Pork Chops:

4 (5-ounce) boneless center-cut pork loin chops
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
1/4 cup chicken broth, low-sodium canned

Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Dry the pork chops well and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Add the oil to the pan and heat until shimmering. Lay the chops in the pan and cook until lightly browned on the first side, about 4 minutes. Turn the chops and cook until the second side is browned and the chops are cooked through, about 3 minutes more. Transfer the chops to a platter.

Pour off the excess oil from the pan. Add the vinegar, and return the pan to the heat and use a wooden spoon to scrape up any brown bits that cling to the pan. Stir in the mustard, maple syrup, and chicken broth, along with any juices from the pork chops. Cook over high heat until the mixture is syrupy, about 5 minutes. Season to taste

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
I'll have to post later, but I often slice it up into smaller pieces and cover it with a dijon mustard sauce that is pretty easy to make and then roll it in some bread crumbs and cook it in a pan. More details to follow.