Quantcast

What TT length should I go with???

Nov 16, 2007
So after riding XC and DH/FR for the past few years I'd like to get back into dirt jumping (man do I miss it!). I've never had a 26" dirt frame so I'm unsure of what TT length I should go with. I'm about 5'10 1/2" or so tall and always rode a 21" frame back when I rode BMX dirt. I'm looking at picking up a Black Market Malice complete which is available in 21.5" & 22" TT lengths, but the 22" will not be available for another month or so. Any advice?

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
You could get used to either one... I prefer a longer TT personally, but it's really an individual thing. I'd hold out for the longer one if you are doing mostly DJ, maybe go for the shorter one if you're going to do much street/park.
My 24" bike is 22.5 and perfect for me. (6 feet tall)

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
So after riding XC and DH/FR for the past few years I'd like to get back into dirt jumping (man do I miss it!). I've never had a 26" dirt frame so I'm unsure of what TT length I should go with. I'm about 5'10 1/2" or so tall and always rode a 21" frame back when I rode BMX dirt. I'm looking at picking up a Black Market Malice complete which is available in 21.5" & 22" TT lengths, but the 22" will not be available for another month or so. Any advice?
in my experience, riders who used to ride 21"tt bmx bikes (typically medium-tall guys) would prefer 22"tt (or even 22.5") mtbmx.
the blackmarket 21.5"tt runs pretty small. definitely better for shorter riders.

Last edited: