Quantcast

&*^&^$$%^ What up bros (Thirsty thursday megathread) *&^*&^*&^

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Also seeing Bond tonight.

rode on flat gravel paths locally because traffic was horrid at 1 pm.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Well that was a stressful drive. Took a detour through downtown Quebec City to avoid construction on the freeway.

Driving a truck, which I almost never drive, on those tight streets, all the people and erratic drivers, was funnnnn.

Beer o clock.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Hey @stoney remember you said you'd have issues with certain things because there are repairs to the building itself? Those won't matter if your MILs unit is bad enough to get the whole building condemned.
We actually just had that conversation over here driving back. We're really f****** concerned right now.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Decided I am going to man up, and do it over a phone/Zoom call tomorrow. Wish me luck. A little nervous, but not really sure why, I have made my decision. They actually have been pretty good to me considering this sales environment.
based on what you were saying re: insurance coverage it sounds like their sales objectives aren't aligned with what's realistically achievable.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
based on what you were saying re: insurance coverage it sounds like their sales objectives aren't aligned with what's realistically achievable.
This is exceptionally accurate. The product is truly excellent, but without an insurance code, yeah, good luck. Then last week they announced that they were repping a product that supposedly cured pain with…lasers/l.e.d.s.
Even if it does work, it just reeks of snake oil, and of a company desperate for a new product. I don’t want any part of it.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I drunkenly ordered a bike back in April because I kind of wanted a lighter smaller bike for more pedally rids and it seemed like a good deal. I was planning on canceling the order as I don't need a third mountainbike but decided to play it out. Looks like it finally showed up and the price got jacked 20% for any new orders. Figured might as well get it, ride it and if I don't like it I can probably easily sell it for what I paid for it.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
@Westy What sort of bike did you order back in April?

--
Our local trail non-profit is running a beer garden at a beard competition / show (including Steve Turner and Mark Pickerel) in a couple weeks. All the proceeds are going towards a pumptrack we are putting in a city park.

What's a reasonable $ per pint to charge? We've got beers lined up from 6-7 local breweries, including a cherry saison, fresh hop ale, experimental hop variety beer from a test brewery, and some IPAs.

We are thinking between $5-7 per pint.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

--
Our local trail non-profit is running a beer garden at a beard competition / show (including Steve Turner and Mark Pickerel) in a couple weeks. All the proceeds are going towards a pumptrack we are putting in a city park.

What's a reasonable $ per pint to charge? We've got beers lined up from 6-7 local breweries, including a cherry saison, fresh hop ale, experimental hop variety beer from a test brewery, and some IPAs.

The way I have seen it run in a lot of places is buy a ticket get a 12 oz regular beer or a 8oz for the higher octane varieties.

Ordered a Ti RSD Middlechild.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

--

since it's a fundraiser i'd say maybe $7-8 range?

and i agree with westy on the smaller pours for high octane brews.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I drunkenly ordered a bike back in April because I kind of wanted a lighter smaller bike for more pedally rids and it seemed like a good deal. I was planning on canceling the order as I don't need a third mountainbike but decided to play it out. Looks like it finally showed up and the price got jacked 20% for any new orders. Figured might as well get it, ride it and if I don't like it I can probably easily sell it for what I paid for it.
That thing is hot. I'd swing a leg over it.