Quantcast

What y'all doing to your Fox 36 this winter?

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
I don't see how this can be good. Is this the air spring causing this? If so even with an Avy cart it wouldn't fix this am I correct?
Try the same test you performed with the damper removed. Cycle the fork upside down a bit before you pull out the damper (so the foam rings / seals are left lubed) and then test it fairly soon after it's removed.

It's nice to isolate these things objectively, as it really could be caused by one of three things: chassis/bushing interface, damper interface/s, and spring interface/s. Establishing which one is causing the problem is difficult over the internet but easy in-person.

Hopefully Fox sorts it out, but if not, try that before spending money on it.

Happymtb.fr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2016
SWE
How do u check to see if a damper is overfilled
check the service instructions for the cartridge rebuild, it will give you some clues.

1. The bladder should not look over inflated.
  2. With the damper fully extended, removing the compression adjust coupler should not burst oil all over the place.

mrgto

Monkey
Aug 4, 2009
Try the same test you performed with the damper removed. Cycle the fork upside down a bit before you pull out the damper (so the foam rings / seals are left lubed) and then test it fairly soon after it's removed.

It's nice to isolate these things objectively, as it really could be caused by one of three things: chassis/bushing interface, damper interface/s, and spring interface/s. Establishing which one is causing the problem is difficult over the internet but easy in-person.

Hopefully Fox sorts it out, but if not, try that before spending money on it.
Thanks for the info. They are going to take a look at it under warranty. I'll give this a shot if they don't resolve my problems. This will be a good test to see if spending money on an Avy upgrade would even be worth it or not. I just love the 36 chassis.

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
My 2015 36 should be getting PUSH'd tomorrow or Wednesday. I've sent a fair number of shocks to PUSH over the years with good results but never a fork. Excited to get it back on the bike and see what's up.

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
Got a ride in on my Push'd 2015 36RC2. I got the rebuild and "factory tune" but did not get the HV air piston. FWIW I asked for the "aggressive" rider tune which was slotted between "trail" and "DH" since this is my big jump, Pisgah smash bike. Fork feels fantastic and definitely better than stock on the small medium chatter. Hand buzz is gone completely. Bouncing in the parking lot I was concerned that it would be too soft but riding it felt really good and supportive. On a frequently ridden bit of trail with a bunch of off camber rooty turns, I felt like I could do no wrong and was really impressed with the improvement in traction. Felt great on some medium sized jumps and had no issues with some really hard hits in a rough and fast section of trail. I feel like this fork matches up much more favorably to my 11-6 now. Obviously some of this is just getting the fork rebuilt, but there is definitely a functional improvement that is very noticeable as well. Basically 10/10 would bang again.

Last edited:

blindboxx2334

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2013
Wets Coast