Quantcast

What Your Bike Says about You

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Trek - My wife let me spend $400 on a bike.

Schwinn - I'm saving up for some Bell accessories

LiteSpeed- I don't have a girlfreind to tell me not to spend this much on a bike

Specialized - When I crash I check to see if the bike is ok, before I look at my compound fracture

Next - It's not a huffy, honest

Huffy - I leave busted tubes on the trail, and ride in flip flops

Single Speed - I walk up hills when noone is looking

BMX bike - My next accessory is a neck brace

Please add some more!!!

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Iron Horse SGS: i dont care that you spent 2 or 3 times more on your DH bike than I did, I'll still get to the bottom faster then you!

:devil:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Ellsworth Truth.....Wow that sure is a lot of monet to spend on a recycled beer can.....when you woke up the next morning did you realize that you would be eating grilled cheese sandwiches for the next year?? .....jdcamb

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
Cannondale: But Tony said they were the best since they're not welded.(I actually had someone say this in my shop)

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Originally posted by jdcamb
Ellsworth Truth.....Wow that sure is a lot of monet to spend on a recycled beer can.....when you woke up the next morning did you realize that you would be eating grilled cheese sandwiches for the next year?? .....jdcamb
Ellsworth Truth - why didn't somebody tell me it was just a chi chi NRS? And I'm gettin' tired of ramen and grilled cheese!! :D

-S.S.-

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Originally posted by Lexx D
Cannondale: But Tony said they were the best since they're not welded.(I actually had someone say this in my shop)
Whatchoo talkin' 'bout?? I've been to the factory. They actually *do* use Elmers Glue. It's the industrial strength, though.

-S.S.-

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
Originally posted by SkaredShtles
Whatchoo talkin' 'bout?? I've been to the factory. They actually *do* use Elmers Glue. It's the industrial strength, though.

-S.S.-
hahaha...lmao

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
Originally posted by SkaredShtles
Ellsworth Truth - why didn't somebody tell me it was just a chi chi NRS? And I'm gettin' tired of ramen and grilled cheese!! :D

-S.S.-
That's funny since the designs have some things in common but ride completely different:)

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Nicolai: I have commitment issues, so my bike has 2,386 adjustments!

OR

Nicolai: It's 10:00, do you know where your drill press is?

KrusteeButt

I can't believe its not butter!
Jul 3, 2001
why the hell do YOU care?!
Dean - of course no normal person can afford one...so you'd better be a damn good racer and get sponsored! (that's for Heidi! :D)

Nicolai - own a website and you can have one too! :eek: :D

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Maybe:

Banshee: I really, really like the word gusset. Gusset, gusset, gusset. What's "refinement" mean?

ghostrider

7034 miles, still no custom title
Jan 6, 2003
Shadows of Mt Boney, CA.
Single speed: riding this bike is hard core, and it builds strength, skills and speed. In fact, if I had a bike with gears, I would actually be going fast right now. Excuse me while I go look for my kneecap.

KPicha

Velma
Aug 3, 2002
Northern, VA
Originally posted by binary visions
Maybe:

Banshee: I really, really like the word gusset. Gusset, gusset, gusset. What's "refinement" mean?
LOL- yeah, that word seems to be one with Banshee or beefy, beefy, beefy. ;) Not a bad thing, of course.

KrusteeButt

I can't believe its not butter!
Jul 3, 2001
why the hell do YOU care?!
The only thing I feared about this thread...that someone would make a comment about a particular bike and someone else, who owns said bike, would get offended. :(

Hopefully nobody gets too upset about any comments made. As far as I'm concerned, say what you want about my FSR/XC...it works for me and I love it.

J

JRB

My bike starts talking trash and its ass is out on the street. Punk ass bike.

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
Kona- I wish I was Canadian...really I do....

Norco-eh

Surly-Hey, I'm pissed and hate consumerism, but like my bike built in overseas factories so I pay less

The Ito

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Originally posted by KPicha
LOL- yeah, that word seems to be one with Banshee or beefy, beefy, beefy. ;) Not a bad thing, of course.
But in Banshee's case I don't necessarily think it's a GOOD thing either....those bikes make me wonder why the need for all those gusstes.:confused:

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
Indy Fab: I'm in it for the soul brother

Rocky mtn: Wade rides one, that's gotta mean something?