Quantcast

Whatever happened to ......

MtnbikeMike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2004
The 909
Yup. I've been battling illness on and off for the last month (not H1N1). I've been getting a good number of hours in for base training. No definite team for next year, but I do have a lead for one of the UCI continental teams' development squad, so hopefully than pans out.

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Yup. I've been battling illness on and off for the last month (not H1N1). I've been getting a good number of hours in for base training. No definite team for next year, but I do have a lead for one of the UCI continental teams' development squad, so hopefully than pans out.
Sorry to hear about the illness. Keep us posted about the team for next year. I have my team situation lined out for next year, pretty sure you know who I'm racing for.
I have no team for next year :( I will probably be riding sponsorless. I'm jealous of you two

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
I should sponsor you... :)
Actually...I have a plan now. I was shaving my legs this morning and the thought crossed my mind that a razor company should sponsor a cyclist! Most of us shave our legs and I've had plenty of coverage in national publications this year (enough anyway). I'm going to submit an advertising proposal to Gillette. It's a long shot, but ya never know.

GravityFreakTJ

leg shavin roadie
Jul 14, 2003
at a road race near you
Actually...I have a plan now. I was shaving my legs this morning and the thought crossed my mind that a razor company should sponsor a cyclist! Most of us shave our legs and I've had plenty of coverage in national publications this year (enough anyway). I'm going to submit an advertising proposal to Gillette. It's a long shot, but ya never know.
Not as long a shot as you think actually. Pm me your email addy if you would please. I want to email you something cause I can't post pics from my phone.

maddog17

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2008
Methuen, Mass. U.S.A.
good idea, but Gillette was bought out by Proctor and Gamble a year or so ago.