Quantcast

+++ Whateverday ???

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Oh man, so true..... been searching for a new horse barn the past few days. At the risk of sounding sexist a business so dominated by women and their love for animals sure comes with a lot of drama and headaches.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Is the horse barn the new dong shed?
LOL, no, we own a show horse that my daughter rides and drama occurred at our barn unrelated to us and our trainer and a lot of the horses left. Similar but not the same....

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning roffl! Currently on coffee #2. Wedding Anniversary #19 for me and the wife today and we will celebrate by doing nothing, per usual. I did not even buy her a card, which is she is cool with because that means she didn't have to buy me one.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Yo!

Maybe I'll take my wheels apart in preparation for rebuilding them. Too bad the new rims are on the slow boat from China. Literally.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Oh man, so true..... been searching for a new horse barn the past few days. At the risk of sounding sexist a business so dominated by women and their love for animals sure comes with a lot of drama and headaches.
pro tip.....do not get into show dogs.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
finally gonna have a weekend free of major projects and was planning on riding. naturally it is going to rain and storm today through the weekend. kill. list.

hey nick i've been meaning to follow up with you on the spokes and whatnot. PM incoming.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Lounging in bed still. So far I have collected snuggles from all 3 kids.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Up early. Birds.
Coffee, troubleshooting the AC, drooper maintenance.
Coffee, check!
AC, fixed!
Drooper, maintained!

but, this drooper has GOT to go. It's a 1st gen OneUp which, when actuated, moves the cable housing 3-4 mm, which of COURSE means it gets hung up on the opening on my frame. The post is just never consistent on this bike. Shame too, it's works great other than this weird issue. The new gen OneUp posts fixed this in redesign of the actuator.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Changed all my dirt rash dressings from yesterday's MTB crash. Managed to sleep ok and didn't stick to the bed which is a bonus. Left shin all up my left side, under my arm and down my arm to my wrist is scraped up. Left shoulder seems sore, but I'm not sure how buggered it is. I screwed the rotator/cracked my humerus in that arm years ago crashing when trying to keep up with @Fool :D

Hey @stoney find out if they'll do a two'fer on shoulder repairs.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Coffee, check!
AC, fixed!
Drooper, maintained!

but, this drooper has GOT to go. It's a 1st gen OneUp which, when actuated, moves the cable housing 3-4 mm, which of COURSE means it gets hung up on the opening on my frame. The post is just never consistent on this bike. Shame too, it's works great other than this weird issue. The new gen OneUp posts fixed this in redesign of the actuator.
oneup redesigned the actuator on the v2 droppers and sells it individually for $20. not sure if its backwards compatible with the v1 droppers.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Coffee, check!
AC, fixed!
Drooper, maintained!

If you are looking for a replacement, I'm a big fan of the PNW I installed earlier this year. Price was right at $200 for the dropper and remote, and it's a solid, no non-sense design. We'll see how it holds up long term, but it's already got my Race Face Turbine beat by a mile.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
oneup redesigned the actuator on the v2 droppers and sells it individually for $20. not sure if its backwards compatible with the v1 droppers.
i'd like to know the answer to this. i have the v1 and have had no issues other than occasionally needing to remove the collar and re-grease, and put a little air in every once in a while.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
i'd like to know the answer to this. i have the v1 and have had no issues other than occasionally needing to remove the collar and re-grease, and put a little air in every once in a while.
V1 and V2 actuators LOOK similar, so I'm hoping this is the case with V2.1
That said, OneUp hasn't replied to my msg asking the same.

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
Changed all my dirt rash dressings from yesterday's MTB crash. Managed to sleep ok and didn't stick to the bed which is a bonus. Left shin all up my left side, under my arm and down my arm to my wrist is scraped up. Left shoulder seems sore, but I'm not sure how buggered it is. I screwed the rotator/cracked my humerus in that arm years ago crashing when trying to keep up with @Fool :D
Oof. Saw the abstract of your crash on the dork logger. Glad you're mostly ok!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
We went through that last year. Amazing how nice the Barn is now that all the Drama Queens left in a Huff. New crowd is not half as katty.
We really like the trainer our daughter has/had. The problem is we think the barn finances are mismanaged and they got rid of her to cut costs. We like the barn we're at but we're just worried that it's going to start falling apart because so many boarders have left. Our barn is currently a mix of old ladies and 4H kids. It's a strange mix if that makes any sense, the old ladies have signs up about VERY specific instructions about what their horses are fed and turn out regulations etc... etc... etc.... and the 4H girls just want to be barn rats and just love being around the horses and are learning.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
So my friend knows this guy who is a hard drug dealer. Dealer dude wants a brand new car, but only has unlaundered cash. So he goes to a few dealerships and they showed him the door right quick. The last dealership he went to tells him they can do it... for twice the sticker price. $65K for a V6 Challenger lol.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
So my friend knows this guy who is a hard drug dealer. Dealer dude wants a brand new car, but only has unlaundered cash. So he goes to a few dealerships and they showed him the door right quick. The last dealership he went to tells him they can do it... for twice the sticker price. $65K for a V6 Challenger lol.
Adventures of Florida Man.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
#floridaproblems

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Oof. Saw the abstract of your crash on the dork logger. Glad you're mostly ok!
I need to work out what's broken on the bike at some point too. XX1 shifter had been lobotomized as we rolled home, Garmin mount needs a new insert as it had broken and my nice Syntace bars had a gouge out of them. Thankfully I think my brand new Garmin is okay despite it taking the initial bike impact. I think it has a concussion as it hung and had to be hard powered off and is missing most of the very limited ride.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
I need to work out what's broken on the bike at some point too. XX1 shifter had been lobotomized as we rolled home, Garmin mount needs a new insert as it had broken and my nice Syntace bars had a gouge out of them. Thankfully I think my brand new Garmin is okay despite it taking the initial bike impact. I think it has a concussion as it hung and had to be hard powered off and is missing most of the very limited ride.
dang man-glad you're ok!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

Wouldn't a fake e-Bay account where one buys and sells fake items to themselves be a good laundering technique?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Coffee, check!
AC, fixed!
Drooper, maintained!

That sucks. Hopefully you can just retrofit the newer actuator. :(

What bike do you have?

Ride night. Trails should be perfect, after a little rain last night.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Wouldn't a fake e-Bay account where one buys and sells fake items to themselves be a good laundering technique?
Nah, because you still have to get the money into a bank account. The most common way around here is to start a cash business, little take out restaurant or whatever. You claim you make X dollars cash payments, pay taxes on it and you are good to go. The person at the counter always looks surprised when you walk it, dead giveaway.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Nah, because you still have to get the money into a bank account. The most common way around here is to start a cash business, little take out restaurant or whatever. You claim you make X dollars cash payments, pay taxes on it and you are good to go. The person at the counter always looks surprised when you walk it, dead giveaway.
doesn't sound like this guy is a very good criminal.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
In the town where I went to college there was a chicken wing restaurant that was only open on Sundays. When anyone I knew tried to order anything they were told they had sold out.